February 2013 Weddings

Music

So we are nearing the 2 month mark, and I have no music picked out at all! What songs are you using for the different parts of the ceremony, first dance, spotlight dances, and entrance? And anything else!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music

• Oh my gosh I've been struggling with this too so badly. I need to get my music down asap!

So far all I know is I'll be walking down the aisle to Pachebel's Canon in D after my mothers and bridesmaids, and for my dance with my father we'll be boogie-ing to Brown Eyed Girl. Everything else needs to magically come together somehow...music fairy where art thou?!
  • This will be a jaw dropper, but I have only briefly thought about music b/c I still need to figure out what my girls and groom are wearing!!

There are two songs I keep going back to for my walk down the aisle but I need to get everything else together!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Processional: Yiruma - A River Flows in You

Bridal party entrance: Bring Em Out - Jay Z
    BG entrance: Eye of the tiger (instrumental)

First Dance: God Gave Me You - David Barnes

Father/Daughter: When the Stars go Blue - Tim McGraw

Requesting lots of Michel Buble. Lots more to figure out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bridal Party Entrance: You are my Heaven Roberta Flack and Donnie Hatthaway

Bride Entrance: God is Amazing by Denice Williams or Stay with you by John Legend

First Dance: Moodys Mood for love by King Pleasure

Bride & Groom (Just for Fun) Michael Jackson Medley

Family Dance: My Girl

Last Dance: Not sure

Problem is we have a short aisle and 4 person bridal party noit sure how to make it right
  • I was just having the same convo tonight...

Bridal Party Entrance - not final but most likely a version of  Pachebel's Canon in D

Bride Entrance - A Thousand Years (I wanted something different)

Processional - Either the Beatles "All I need is Love" or Plain White Tees "1,2,3,4"

As for our first dance, mom/son, and my dance with my dad - I HAVE NO IDEA!!
  • Processional Canon in D Bride down the aisle Marry Me, Train Recessional ? BG entrance God Gave Me You, Blake Shelton First Dance I Wanna Grow Old With You Father/Daughter I Loved Her First, Heartland Mother/Son My Wish, Rascal Flatts Cake ? Garter toss ? Bouquet toss ?
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • edited December 2012
    Thank goodness my fiance is a music genius and has a degree in music. He picked a lot of our music and that was just fine with me. 

Processional for groomsmen and bridesmaids: Pulcinella Suite Movement 6 by Stravinsky (he's my fiance's favorite composer)
    Brides Entrance: String Quart 62  in C Major 3rd Movement by Haydn
    Recessional:  Married Life from the movie UP
    Introduction into Reception: Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen (my fiance's favorite band)
    First Dance: The Chair by George Strait
    Father/Daughter: Right now it is set as Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, but I am trying to get my dad to do My Girl by Temptations since that is the song he played for me as a baby.
    Mother/Son: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Iz. K.
    Cake: dj is deciding
    Bouquet toss: Single Ladies by Beyonce (I want to change this, I just dont' know what to change it too)
    Garter Toss: Honk(y) Tonk Woman by Rolling Stones

Our Music Coordinator was great. I hadn't thought of half of the things we needed songs for. She helped us pick songs that we both liked. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Processional for Bridal Party: Concerning Hobbits
    Processional for me: Rainbow Connection
    Recessional: ?
    Introduction: Power of Love by Hewie Lewis and the News
    First Song: Flora's Secret by Enya
    Father/Daughter Dance: My Girl by The Temptations
    Mother/Son Dance: Pilgrims by Enya
    Bouquet Toss: 18 Wheeler by Pink

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • phaedrajoyphaedrajoy member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Mardi Gras themed wedding:

Groom entrance: Ava Maria by Josh Grobin

Bride entrance: Here Comes the Bride

Recessional: When the Saints come Marching In

First Dance: Le Vie En Rose by Louis Armstrong

Cake: In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

Bouquet Toss: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

Garter Toss: Some Velvet Morning by Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra (my name is Phaedra)
  • <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks for Great Collection. All the Songs are very beautiful. </p>
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:9bd20141-3a6b-435a-9bbb-7d2583c75fc6Post:621d43a7-5f97-44ca-9335-e61cd72894f3">Re: Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank goodness my fiance is a music genius and has a degree in music. He picked a lot of our music and that was just fine with me.  Processional for groomsmen and bridesmaids : Pulcinella Suite Movement 6 by Stravinsky (he's my fiance's favorite composer) Brides Entrance : String Quart 62  in C Major 3rd Movement by Haydn Recessional:  Married Life from the movie UP Introduction into Reception : Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen (my fiance's favorite band) First Dance: The Chair by George Strait Father/Daughter : Right now it is set as Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, but I am trying to get my dad to do My Girl by Temptations since that is the song he played for me as a baby. Mother/Son: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Iz. K. Cake: dj is deciding Bouquet toss : Single Ladies by Beyonce (I want to change this, I just dont' know what to change it too) Garter Toss : Honk(y) Tonk Woman by Rolling Stones Our Music Coordinator was great. I hadn't thought of half of the things we needed songs for. She helped us pick songs that we both liked. 
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards