Moms and Maids

Angry MOH

One of my best friends is upset she wasn't the one standing next to me on my wedding day even though she was one of the maids of honor. However, she was standing next to me during our private ceremony right before the actual wedding. (she never mentioned being appreciated for being chosen for that part.) She was upset when she found out about this a few weeks before but didn't directly bring it up to me. Now it's two months AFTER the wedding and she emailed me saying I hurt her feelings. She feels I'm being a bad friend for not realizing how hurt her feelings were before hand and she feels like I should have spent more time talking to her before about what the plans were for her during the two ceremonies. I feel exasperated at this point because there isn't much I can do now and I'm also frustrated because I had so much going on leading up to the wedding, it was easy to overlook some things, even i tried the best i could to make sure everyone felt apart of the wedding. (my birthday was two days before her wedding and she totally forgot about it, my feelings were hurt but I understood she had a lot on her mind, so why not some of the same understanding???) So now she feels that since she told me how upset she is that I should somehow fix the situation and apologize. Even though I never meant to hurt her feelings and she stood next to me during the private ceremony should I still have to apologize to her??? 

Re: Angry MOH

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_angry-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:accb7fc3-7925-4e47-9efa-e66743e2ec3dPost:17da3494-c3de-40ce-bc1f-cdcb5039d12c">Angry MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even  though I never meant to hurt her feelings and she stood next to me during the private ceremony should I still have to apologize to her???   
    Posted by lmd0510[/QUOTE]

<div>If you value the friendship and want it to continue, then yes you should apologize.</div>
  • I agree that at this point there isn't much you can do other than apologize. That being said, I don't think you should have to do that. If you are going to apologize why not say something like, "I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt, that wasn't my intention."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_angry-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:accb7fc3-7925-4e47-9efa-e66743e2ec3dPost:77899971-05d9-400b-a572-7f34b44b2232">Re: Angry MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]I disagree that the bride should apologize. The MOH is being childish and petty.  The bride did nothing wrong. "I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. I never meant for anyone to get hurt. It never occurred to me that someone might get upset over where they were standing."
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Ditto a general apology regarding her feelings if you value her friendship. 2 minutes of humility can do wonders.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_angry-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:accb7fc3-7925-4e47-9efa-e66743e2ec3dPost:77899971-05d9-400b-a572-7f34b44b2232">Re: Angry MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE] "I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. I never meant for anyone to get hurt. It never occurred to me that someone might get upset over where they were standing."
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this for me, as well.  I'm baffled that the MOH would even say anything. A couple's wedding day should be about them, not making sure the WP feels important enough based on their lineup position. Who cares who stands where? </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_angry-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:accb7fc3-7925-4e47-9efa-e66743e2ec3dPost:17da3494-c3de-40ce-bc1f-cdcb5039d12c">Angry MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of <strong>my best friends is upset she wasn't the one standing next to me on my wedding day even though she was one of the maids of honor. However, she was standing next to me during our private ceremony right before the actual wedding.</strong> (she never mentioned being appreciated for being chosen for that part.) She was upset when she found out about this a few weeks before but didn't directly bring it up to me. Now it's two months AFTER the wedding and she emailed me saying I hurt her feelings.  She feels I'm being a bad friend for not realizing how hurt her feelings were before hand and she feels like I should have spent more time talking to her before about what the plans were for her during the two ceremonies.  I feel exasperated at this point because there isn't much I can do now and I'm also frustrated because I had so much going on leading up to the wedding, it was easy to overlook some things, even i tried the best i could to make sure everyone felt apart of the wedding. (my birthday was two days before her wedding and she totally forgot about it, my feelings were hurt but I understood she had a lot on her mind, so why not some of the same understanding???) So now she feels that since she told me how upset she is that I should somehow fix the situation and apologize. Even  though I never meant to hurt her feelings and she stood next to me during the private ceremony should I still have to apologize to her???   
    Posted by lmd0510[/QUOTE]

So your MOH stood next to you on your actual wedding day, not your fake ceremony later and she is upset?  I'd probably be more upset that I had a friend who lied to all of her guests to have a fake wedding.
  • Why did you post this on TN and TK?

Your MOH is making a big deal out of nothing. Tell her to get over it. You don't have anything to apologize for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards