Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Planner Advice

We are having a DW in NO and I think it would be helpful with the OOT planning to hire a wedding planner. Can anyone reccomend a fantastic NO wedding planner? We are taking a trip down in the spring to do all the planning at once, so I would like to get in contact with the planner as soon as possible to make appointments. 

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Planner Advice

• Options
    We used Carolyn Arthur at All About Events for our DW. We had the management and DOC package. If you are pretty familiar with NOLA you can get away without a full blown planner package.
  • Options
    I am using Kelly Sherlock for my DW in September. It has been extremely helpful to have a planner and Kelly has been fantastic. I hired her for something sort of between full planning and month of coordinator (she custom tailored her package and price to what I wanted), but I have always felt like I have a full time, full on planner. She knows what she is doing and every vendor I have come across (with or without her) has had nothing but positive things to say about her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you're looking for a Month Of Planner or Full Service but if you're looking for Month of then you must give 318 Designs a call. I love them so far. Plus they are wedding designers. 
    Good Luck
  • Options
    Brittani Adams from Unique Weddings in New Orleans; can't say enough good things about her! Her mother Michele is also terrific. They know and have worked with all the vendors in NOLA, who go above and beyond for them (and you get to benefit). They'll do a venue search only, or full planning, or something in between - you can customize.
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I love Carolyn Arthurs, but for full service planning, I think Elyse Skansi with Tying the Knot is great.  She has a beautiful website and fantastic photo shoots that she has coordinated.

I'm also in NYC!
  • Options
    Another NYC bride here planning a DW and I'm using Elyse Skansi with Tying the Knots.  She's super competent, professional, helpful and knowledgeable.  I can't believe how much assistance I've already gotten from her and we hired her for Day-Of.  The fact that she's let me ship and store wedding items with her for the past few months is already worth it's weight in gold!  504.261.0484
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards