Ohio-Cleveland

Photography Venues

I am getting married in June and having a really hard time picking out a location to take pictures.  I am looking for one outdoor location and one indoor location in case of rain.  The catch is...we want to stay on the east side to save time. 

I am considering Colby Park in Wickliffe, but don't have a clue as to the outdoor location.  Please HELP!!!!

Re: Photography Venues

• edited December 2011
    The Cleveland Public Library in downtown has both great indoor and outdoor locations...it's not advertised though so have your photog call them to set it up!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wade Oval outside the art museum is nice and is very popular for wedding pics. It's free, too. Unfortunately, the art museum does not allow indoor photos. Crawford Auto & Aviation museum (also on University Circle) does though. All you have to do is pay admission to the museum for each person, IIRC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not too much on the Eastside for indoor locations. Downtown Cleveland will probably be your best bet. Try The Arcade, BP Building, The Zoo, Crawford Auto Museum, The Halle Building, Old Courthouse, Playhouse Square, Severance Hall, or Westside Market. 
    You'll have to call and reserve the locations in case of rain, and most should cost around $200 per hour. Our photographer sent us a list to reserve in case of bad weather and the above mentioned were among those she recommended. 
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI, the Halle building is only $50 to rent for pics -- possibly the most affordable 'pay' location downtown. Also, Terminal Tower (the Avenue) is free, IIRC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kpastorkpastor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen amazing weddng pictures that were taken at Squires Castle in Willoughby Hills.  I have never personally visited the site, so I am not sure how much indoor/outdoor space is actually available. It would be worth looking into, though! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    does the old courthouse have an outdoor area for receptions??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards