New York

*Bridgett needs some positive energy...

So... our fellow CNY Knottie (The new Mrs. Bridgett).... is stuck at the airport in Philly trying to get to Jamaica for her honeymoon.  I'll let her fill you all in on the details when she gets back.... but for right now I'm sure she could use some happy thoughts.... or a stiff drink.
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *Bridgett needs some positive energy...

• Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's some positive energy for you Bridgett!  And an imaginary Margarita to get you through!!!  Please also tell her to relax and enjoy her honeymoon and her new husaband!!! :0)
  • edited December 2011
    Aren't airports just the WORST?  They seem to bring out the worst in humanity.
    I hope she starts getting some good luck and finds a good bartender!  Crossing my fingers for her and her new hubby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    lol.... I told her to behave herself and be polite.  The more calm you can remain in a situation like this, the more likely you are to actually benefit from it.  She might walk away with a first class upgrade and some free flights... maybe some extra goodies from Sandals if she plays it up good.... Bridgett.... keep your yap shut.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies!!

So Im stuck at a hotel in Philly for the night and naturally Josh and I migrated to the computers. Soo Jamaica is going through a strike right now and the air traffic controllers whose shifts started this morning decided not to show up...resulting in the cancelation. A flight from NC (Thats we wanted to be on) was mid-trip when they were told the couldnt land so they went to Miami. We spent a solid 3 hrs on the phone with Liberty Travel (LOVE them), our insurance coverage (HATE them) and at the counter trying to figure chit out.

In the end we spent $500 on a flight out tomorrow with Air Jamaica and $100 on the hotel room (The best we could get with US Air was a flight to NC tomorrow then Jamaica Wed morning. Seriously! But the only room they had open next Wed @ Sandals would have cost us 1600. No thanks). We were told we'd have to cut it a day short b/c there were no flights available the 31st...until I called my agent and she called the US Air guys a liar and gave me flight #s. We can file to get some of our $$ back from our missed flight, but who knows if we'll get it and how much. Sandals nicely gave us the Tues to Tues b/c we werent there today. Then we find out a couple who rebooked after us (staying in the same place as us) was given tickets by US Air out tomorrow FOC. WTF. So once I get back US Air will be getting a very lengthy disapproval letter/phone call from me. Maybe then Ill get something free.

All in all its been a very long day and now we need to be at the airport at 4am to try this again. So any prayers you ladies can give for this to all go down smootly would be great!!!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and Monica, I was very polite yet demanding. I kept my cool and let the guy know that I would not be leaving the ticket counter until I was happy...we stood there for about an hr! But he ended up being very helpful after I inadvertantly called him a liar.

You woulda been so proud!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Oh Mrs. Bridgett.... I am so so sorry you are dealing with this.  What a way to kick off the epic honeymoon.  pfffff.  Stupid airlines.  Stupid Jamaicans.  Stupid stupid.

Hopefully once you actually get there everything else will go smoothly.  I'm glad your travel agent has been helpful (I can only imagine the issues I would be having if it was mine.  ugh). 

Hang in there.  Talk nice.  Get free stuff.  Tongue out  I'm praying for the 2 of you and crossing my fingers that everything works out in your favor. 

On the bright side, the Philly airport does have some nice bars... just sayin.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_bridgett-needs-positive-energy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:6357f6a9-e484-4d09-a282-200aa1325dfdPost:11a3a582-f27a-4cf7-951b-c025170d067b">Re: *Bridgett needs some positive energy...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and Monica, I was very polite yet demanding. I kept my cool and let the guy know that I would not be leaving the ticket counter until I was happy...we stood there for about an hr! But he ended up being very helpful after I inadvertantly called him a liar. You woulda been so proud!
    Posted by DondadaTimes2[/QUOTE]

So proud!!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Bridgett, better luck tomorrow!  Have some cocktails with your husband!  Cocktails make everything better!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I hope all works out well and that you're lying on a beach soon!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards