Oregon
Options

Oregon Engagement Pictures... Any suggestions?

My fiance and I have yet to have our engagment pictures taken and I am looking for any and all suggestions. We are both outdoorsy people but one suggestion is not sitting well with us... The Portland Rose Garden... the reason it is not sitting well is that as much as we love flowers.... we both have allergies... Are there any places that you could suggest for us that are rugged and outdoorsy that will not cause his pollen allergy to flare up?

Re: Oregon Engagement Pictures... Any suggestions?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Aside from the Rose Test Garden, Portland has Council Crest and Rocky Butte Parks. If you like dramatic scenery and don't mind a drive, the Vista House in the Columbia River Gorge has a spectacular view, and if you travel further down the Gorge you will run into Multnomah, Shepard's Dell and Horse Tail Falls, as well as the Oneonta Canyon. If you want to stick with Portland, Cathedral City Park is beautiful, the East Side Esplanade runs right by the river, and downtown Portland has several beautiful fountains and Tom McCall Waterfront Park [Waterfront Park has cherry trees that will soon be blooming]. The Japanese Garden right across the street from the Rose Test Gardens allows photos without permits at their lower entrance gate, and the Portland Chinese Garden may allow you to take your engagement photos inside. Washington Park and the Hoyt Arboretum also have some beautiful spots to take pictures. There are also other parks like Laurelhurst in SE Portland that have nature elements like lakes. If you need more suggestions let me know! :]
  • Options
    Hi-
    Cooper had a ton of great ideas. We just got ours done at Sandy River Delta and they turned out great. I would also recommend Mt. Tabor and Powell Butte.

I am not really familiar with outdoor allergies, but all the places I recommended have grasses, trees, and nature things but not a lot of flowers.

Leech Botanical Gardens is beautiful too, probably more flowers, though.

Have fun getting your pictures done!

(also, we should try to boost these Oregon boards, there's not very many of us apparently!)
  • Options
    I there seem to not be many of us Oregon ladies getting married... There may be a lot of us but I do not know because there are not a lot of posts... 
  • Options
    Here are some awesome locations:

eastbank esplanade 
    george rogers park 
    mt. tabor 
    lauralhurst park
    council crest 
    washington park 
    hoyt arboretum

these places are fab for engagement photos. also ask your photographer where they like to shoot that is outdoorsy as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did our engagement photos at Cathedral Park in St. John's. I'm so in love with that place. Our photographer has a few of them up on her website (www.loveandphotography.com) if you want to take a look, or just Google Cathedral Park engagement photos and you'll see there are a ton of different options at that location!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards