Maine
Options

marriage license!

We just got our marriage license from our town office!  And FI got my wedding band last night (we ordered from greenkarat.com, so hopefully it will have been a good choice).  My bad dreams were about forgetting my wedding band, and his were about forgetting the marriage license, so we took care of both of those things. 

Re: marriage license!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!  Those were two of my favorite tasks - they each make it seem so concrete.  Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Speaking of marriage licenses, can anyone confirm Maine's rules?  From what I know there is no waiting period, it expires in 90 days, and you can go to any town in Maine to obtain (doesn't have to be where you are getting married).  What else do you bring?  Birth Certificates?
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No waiting period, good for 90 days.  I think you are supposed to go to the town where at least one of you resides, or any town if neither you nor your FI is a Maine resident.  We just needed to show photo ID (I brought my driver's license, FI insisted he should bring his passport).

ETA: Oh, and it's $40.  Our town office takes cash or check, and they'll take credit card for an extra 2.5%. 
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So exciting!! Let us know how you like your band and post a pic if you're comfortable doing that! I'd love to see it. :) Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got this ring for me (the 2 mm): http://shop.greenkarat.com/celestial-light-p21.aspx I am hoping it's not too thin to get engraved.  I will report back once we get it. 

My FI is using his dad's ring from his parents' marriage, so we only needed to get one for me. 
  • Options
    H&S091711H&S091711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    those sound like the most awesome, exciting and concrete checks EVER! congrats!
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we went to pick up ours, I couldn't believe the questions... The form asks if you are first cousins, and specifies that if you are you can still get married, but have to provide proof that you've had genetic counseling.  Ick.

Also, if you've been married before, you have to bring certified documentation that you are no longer married to that person.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards