Military Brides
Options

Bridesmaids or no Bridesmaids that is the question

Hey everyone new to the board,

I am Army and the Fiance is Marines. We are getting married in 2014 probably spring or summer. I will be getting out in 2015 so we want to start the planning while we have two solid incomes coming in. Any who enough about me and more about the question lol.... I have been married before, back in 2007. my Fiance has not, we are trying to make the wedding comfortable for me but still awesome for his first wedding and hopefully both of our last lol. Well we decided destination wedding and are hoping to invite 50+ and hoping that atleast 15-20 actually make it. I had a huge first wedding and I feel like my friends were alreayd used as bridesmaids.... 1 I do not want to ask them again. My life is totally different than it was back then and also I do not talk to them that much any more. I have been active duty so I moved around a little and I feel like my female co-workers are really the only people I actually discuss my personal life with. I mean we are friends and all but its on the friends from work level and not friends from when I was younger. I told my fiance I did not want any bridal party at all. And that was the case until yesterday. His best friend is in town and asked if he was his best man -_- so that brought mr.gregooorrry to ask me if he could plllllleaasssee have a best man... so I will not rob him of his best man. Now I feel like it will look a little uneven so I definitley need someone on my side too. I really would like if a couple friends from work I spend a lot of time with will do it but I almost feel bad for asking. I guess i just feel like no one will take me seriously because I already had a wedding before.... I dont know. I just want it to be perfect for my fiance. should I just suck it up and have no bridal party except the best man. or try to have a few girl friends so he can have his marine buddies be in the wedding. He will be in 2 of his buddies wedding too in 2014 so i see that they are all important to each other. Im Stuck!

Bridesmaid or No Bridesmaid?

Sincerly,

CONFUSED AKA Ang

Re: Bridesmaids or no Bridesmaids that is the question

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_bridesmaids-or-no-bridesmaids-that-is-the-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:14f7219d-3be1-450c-9c67-275d6d3dc554Post:49db22d6-e52d-4f2e-90ea-a52a43af4399">Bridesmaids or no Bridesmaids that is the question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone new to the board, I am Army and the Fiance is Marines. We are getting married in 2014 probably spring or summer. I will be getting out in 2015 so we want to start the planning while we have two solid incomes coming in. Any who enough about me and more about the question lol.... I have been married before, back in 2007. my Fiance has not, we are trying to make the wedding comfortable for me but still awesome for his first wedding and hopefully both of our last lol. Well we decided destination wedding and are hoping to invite 50+ and hoping that atleast 15-20 actually make it. I had a huge first wedding and I feel like my friends were alreayd used as bridesmaids.... 1 I do not want to ask them again. My life is totally different than it was back then and also I do not talk to them that much any more. I have been active duty so I moved around a little and I feel like my female co-workers are really the only people I actually discuss my personal life with. I mean we are friends and all but its on the friends from work level and not friends from when I was younger. I told my fiance I did not want any bridal party at all. And that was the case until yesterday. His best friend is in town and asked if he was his best man -_- so that brought mr.gregooorrry to ask me if he could plllllleaasssee have a best man... so I will not rob him of his best man. Now I feel like it will look a little uneven so I definitley need someone on my side too. I really would like if a couple friends from work I spend a lot of time with will do it but I almost feel bad for asking. I guess i just feel like no one will take me seriously because I already had a wedding before.... I dont know. I just want it to be perfect for my fiance. should I just suck it up and have no bridal party except the best man. or try to have a few girl friends so he can have his marine buddies be in the wedding. He will be in 2 of his buddies wedding too in 2014 so i see that they are all important to each other. Im Stuck! Bridesmaid or No Bridesmaid? Sincerly, CONFUSED AKA Ang
    Posted by ElaRenee89[/QUOTE]

Hi!!! first off at the end of the day it is Your wedding regardless of getting married before!! At the same time, it is your fiances first wedding and your second wedding so it is okay to have a wedding party or  just have one of your closets friends be your MOH and he has a best man! My mother in law got married last august, it was her second wedding and her new husbands second wedding, the are both older and she had a huge crazy wedding with a big wedding party went over the top and to me it was tacky! now if it was one of their first weddings like in your case, it is not tacky because he has never been married and everyone deserves a chance to have a dream wedding that they have always thought of!!
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with having a bridal party at a second marraige.  If there are people you would like to stand up with you, ask them.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards