South Asian Weddings
Options

Confession/ Lurker Thursday!

If you haven't introduced yourself please let us know you are out there!

I confess I don't want to give the girl who has her wedding the weekend before mine any more ideas. It was fine when she was first planning and I gave her my vendors to check out, but she's booked almost all of them! I have her, her FI(who I know), and her sister all asking who my vendors are.
Granted our weddings will be really different, but am I wrong for finding it sightly unsettling?

Re: Confession/ Lurker Thursday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't give her any more ideas. Not to be snarky or anything, but honestly, can she not do her own legwork?

I confess that I'm being a "bad" housekeeper today. I’m opting to cuddle on the couch with my dog instead of doing chores. Eh, I’ve got time. It’s not quite 10 and I don’t have to get Kidlet from school till 2:15. Chores seldom take me longer than an hour and a half (excluding the laundry machines running, but they do all their own work; I just have to push the buttons!). I'll start them at 10:30.

Said dog seems to be feeling better. Stools are still a little on the icky side, but not as often and he’s been much more playful today than he was yesterday. And his appetite seems to have returned (he was picking at food all day yesterday). Hopefully it clears itself up today or tomorrow and a vet trip isn't required.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confession-lurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:e476b094-e90e-4214-a71c-2d9f758274b2Post:b7575679-64d9-403c-ba53-5f555aee728d">Confession/ Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]...I confess I don't want to give the girl who has her wedding the weekend before mine any more ideas. It was fine when she was first planning and I gave her my vendors to check out, but she's booked almost all of them! I have her, her FI(who I know), and her sister all asking who my vendors are. Granted our weddings will be really different, but am I wrong for finding it sightly unsettling?
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

You are so NOT wrong for feeling this way.  I believe if you did all the work and research...why should someone just take advantage of that...a friend wouldn't do that ...IMHO :)

My confession is that I need to get some new exposure and experience in my career
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @DFW - Nah, I would be annoyed, too. It's one thing to ask for recommendations. It's another thing to be a copycat. Try to look at it this way - that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

My confession is that I want to select all the emails in my inbox and just hit delete.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy St. Patty's Day! 

My confession- I'm drinking today. *Cheers*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confession-lurker-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:e476b094-e90e-4214-a71c-2d9f758274b2Post:d0339561-475e-4866-8864-bc71c95a408a">Re: Confession/ Lurker Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@DFW - Nah, I would be annoyed, too. It's one thing to ask for recommendations. It's another thing to be a copycat. <strong>Try to look at it this way - that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?</strong> My confession is that I want to select all the emails in my inbox and just hit delete.
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

I think it's more laziness then flattery at this point. They decided to plan a wedding in 6 months, after dating for 3 months and the bride doesn't want to do it. So her FI and Sister are stuck planning everything. She just wants to show up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Although it's now Friday....

I'm always a bad housekeeper.... always choosing to cuddle and play with the cat.

I'm also that bride that doesn't want to plan a wedding. When we first got engaged we decided we would hire someone for various reasons.... including my disinterest in the planning process. FI allowed himself to be talked out of hiring someone because auntie was going to plan the wedding.

Who's doing the planning? We are.... and so there's loads of unhappiness here. At least FI is a "planner bee", which helps.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards