Offbeat Weddings
Options

Tell It Like It is Tuesday!

Tell it like it is! Any complaints, vents, rants, confessions...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tell It Like It is Tuesday!

• Options
    GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    I confess that I am tired of living where I do now. I really just want FI to hurry up and finish school so that we can move. I'm not sure how much I can take it here for another year. So much in fact, that I have been already looking for new jobs in the areas we want to locate to. So frustrating. I really just want to get on with our lives, and feel that we can not do it here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I get married next Monday night.  Out of 125 invites, 101 confirmed yes, and we still have 16 we can't get a hold of (I expected thia-they're traveling ATM).

I confess that I am now shaking uncontrollably for most of the day.  It's not cold feet.  It's stage fright.  I've had this happen before prior to performances.  I keep thinking "wouldn't it be great to just skip right to the honeymoon..." 

• Options
    i confess that i am absolutely terrified of what my moh has planned for my bachelorette party.
  • Options
    Its finals week so I am in a state of heightened panic till Thursday, but I did get 100 on my first one so 3 to go...
  • Options
    FI and I thought the prospect of paying $30/head for dinner for 300 people we don't know very well was ridiculous, and frankly we want that $$ for ourselves.  We work hard for it and earn it and don't feel like spending it on people we don't know.

And, I think registries are exceedingly stupid.  I'm not going to scan a bunch of stuff at a store and then sit at home and wait 6 months and hope my guests magically find out where I'm registered via my website or my parents, and then hope they buy me what I want.  Forget it.  I'm a big girl with a big girl job and FI and I can buy our own housewares, tyvm.  People can send a check if they want to contribute to our lives.  Or a gift card.

Or they can offer me free babysitting.  Whatev.

All of these revelations came to me over the weekend when I was wishing I could just skip the bs and head straight to just being married already.  FI feels the same way thank goodness and I am so relieved that I don't have to participate in the archaic marketing madness that is wedding planning and hosting these days.

I am not trying to be offensive if you registered btw.  I don't care if you did.  I'd buy you a gift from your reg if I were attending your wedding.  But personally, I want what I want when I want it, so I'm gonna take care of that myself!
  • Options
    aww jeni! just think of them in their underpants. remember they all love you!

i'm in a pissy mood right now. my workload is insane-o and all i want to do it be on TK all day to avoid the stress of it all.

raaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
  • Options
    Ugh--I feel like such a jerk today.  I went to work this morning on only 3 hours of sleep and no food in my stomach.  That amounted to some very un-Nickles like word vomit coming out of my mouth, and I think I offended one of the girls.  I was just grumpy.  I apologized twice, cause it is just so unlike me, and the girls thought nothing of it, so I hope everything is cool!  The girl and I still have lunch plans for Thursday, so I am thinking everything is all good.  I am just embarrassed!

PS--Jeni, everything will be great and you will have a wonderful time!  Try not to worry!  :)
    "It starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing until you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."
  • Options
    i am running a race this sunday and do'tt care one iota about it! this is very unlike me, i uusally love racing! but the last 10 weeks of training in miserable late winter/early spring weather has made me very unmotivated to do this race. i don't feel like driving into philly sat to do packet pick up (i wanted to go fri night, but they changed the time and i won't make it afer work) just to come home and drive back sun morning for the race. usually, i know lots of people doing this race, but this time it closed super fast and i am going at it alone. part of me wants to bag it, but the rest of me knows i'll regret it if i did that, plus it would suck to lose the $$ i spent on registering . ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards