Canada-Ontario

Looking for a DJ

I'm looking for a DJ for my upcoming Toronto wedding. I'm considering Randy at Impact Entertainment. Has anyone used him? The preferred vendor at the venue is BB Blanc, but I'm not sure about them. Any recommendations?

Re: Looking for a DJ

• ChantyclairChantyclair member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I'm looking for a DJ for my upcoming Toronto wedding. I'm considering Randy at Impact Entertainment. Has anyone used him? The preferred vendor at the venue is BB Blanc, but I'm not sure about them. Any recommendations?
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I don't know that DJ.

We used Pat at Party Source Entertainment www.partysourceentertainment.com and he was great (and cheap, <$500).
  • Check out DJ Ian Liwanag at http://www.ianliwanag.com/the-dj-co/. He's the preferred vendor at a number of venues - The Old Mill, The Berekley Church & Field House.  Fantastic service.
  • We are using Veriation Music, they've been great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • I agree with Jewel. Ian is the man!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_looking-for-a-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:fe2b9fdc-b291-4e31-bdfc-1462cadf0c8fPost:3825ec20-9d1b-4719-a4be-fde143136184">Re: Looking for a DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know that DJ. We used Pat at Party Source Entertainment <a href="http://www.partysourceentertainment.com" rel="nofollow">www.partysourceentertainment.com</a> and he was great (and cheap, <$500).
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

I used the same guy.
    he was nice, polite, listened to our do not play as well as our must play lists.

no one was overwhelmed with the job he did but he was adequate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used DJ Fausto at www.beastardjs.ca
    Highly recommend him, he was a lot of fun and very professional.  He offers very reasonable prices as well, we paid just under $600. 
  • We have very specific taste in music, my fiance is very into the indie music scene.  We have booked with Sounds of Distinction just this past weekend.  We have been to two weddings they did and we had a great time at each.  Also, they do not have other DJ's that work for them so we know what we are getting.
  • I met with Randy after a friend referred him. He was my second choice and I was confident in hiring him, I only went with another DJ because I had used him for another event I had organized. 
    The reviews in impact are great - I don't think you can go wrong in hiring him
  • To : Chantyclair and everyone
    I was recommended to BBblanc for DJ too but heard that they 're a bit pricier than other vendors. 
    How much should we expect to pay for DJ package while getting good service and not being ripped off?
    Thanks everyone,
    QT
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards