Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Affordable cowboy boots

I love this look of having the bridesmaids wear cowboy boots, but the boots are so expensive! Is there a place that sells fairly inexpensive cowboy boots that I just don't know about? Has forever 21 ever carried anything cowboy looking? I'm really not that particular about quality. They just have to last the day of my wedding.

Re: Affordable cowboy boots

• Options
    edited January 2012

I wear cowboy boots all the time! :) I've gotten a few pairs over the years from Shelpers.com and Cavenders.com. Shelpers is a little more pricey, in the $100-$200 range. Cavenders is a little cheaper. They have a lot of cute pairs for around $90-$100. Uhh, Tractor Supply I buy a lot there, look for boot stores in your area. But these are genuine cowboy boots I'm talking about, I'm not sure where you'd find fake ones because I refuse to wear them. Cheap boots look tacky & cheap and they're uncomfortable. You want good boots, not something under $50 for only one day. Hope this helps. :)

• Options
    MrsDrobieMrsDrobie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    DSW.  I am having my girls wear boots, but they all decided they wanted nice ones. They were all waiting for a reason to need some. :) Here are the ones at DSW. You should know, the boots that aren't real leather may tend to make your feet sweat. As long as you are ok with that go for it!

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/coconuts+gaucho+western+boot?prodId=216272&productRef=SEARCH

ETA: There are these too....
    http://www.dsw.com/shoe/rocket+dog+sheriff+bootie?prodId=199250&productRef=SEARCH

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/madden+girl+sanguine+western+boot?prodId=186673&productRef=SEARCH

• Options
    Let me get this straight.  You'd rather waste $50 on cheap boots that only need to last a day, for pictures, instead of letting them wear shoes they will all love because of pictures.

If you require certain shoes, you have to pay for them.  This seems like a giant waste of money if you aren't one to normally wear cowboy boots. 

I wear cowboy boots.  I love them, but I spend money on real leather boots because they are comfortable and last forever.  Cheap boots will look (and feel) like cheap boots. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I might be doing bridesmaids with boots too... one of my BM just emailed me this link yesterday asking if these were ok with me. They are only $60 so thats a pretty good deal I think!

196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_affordable-cowboy-boots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:31d92408-5ebc-4cf8-b036-421ea09cb4b3Post:c850dfea-07d7-47fa-b0ce-64263fa6273c">Re: Affordable cowboy boots</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me get this straight.  You'd rather waste $50 on cheap boots that only need to last a day, for pictures, instead of letting them wear shoes they will all love because of pictures. If you require certain shoes, you have to pay for them.  This seems like a giant waste of money if you aren't one to normally wear cowboy boots.  I wear cowboy boots.  I love them, but I spend money on real leather boots because they are comfortable and last forever. <strong> Cheap boots will look (and feel) like cheap boots. </strong>
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]
    This.  Don't buy crap "cowboy" boots because you think they will look good.  Cheap boots look cheap.  You need real leather, and a good brand.  If you are going to make them wear something they don't have you have to pay for them.  But get real boots, or you will seriously regret buying cheap ones.
  • Options
    100% agree with PP.  There's a reason my screen name is what it is.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    I'm not really interested in advice as to whether my idea makes sense to you, I just want to know if there is a place to purchase cheap boots. Thank you.
  • Options
    6pm.com and zappos.com both carry boots (cheap and expensive) and have good return policies. HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PP/OP I hear ya... I don't think the Steve madden ones look bad at all... And if the girls are buying shoes for the dress anyway... And are cool with boots, why not! I wouldn't buy expensive ones if I'm not wearing them everyday, but they are a cute accessory every once in a while so I'm sure they will wear them again!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @KnotPorscha; VENDOR ALERT!!!
  • Options
    Google buy 1 pair get 2 free. Depending on how many pairs of boots you need, and which style you pick out this may be an option. Keep in mind some of their boots are $300 but that means you'll get 3 pairs for that price. A couple of the shops even give better deals the more you buy in case you have more bridesmaids that need boots.
  • Options
    This zombie thread is two years old.  Cowboy boots at weddings are so ugh!  @KnotPorscha, please close this thread.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards