Wedding Party
Options

Gifts for Wedding Party

I've already got the gifts planned for my bridesmaids, but I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is for the other member of the wedding party (i.e., readers, ushers, etc.) Should I get them gifts? If so, should they be around the same price or slightly less than those for the bridesmaids?

FWIW, I was thinking that I ought to -- but would probably get something a bit smaller than the gifts for the bridesmaids. In other words, I would probably aim to spend around $35, instead of $50.

Re: Gifts for Wedding Party

• Options
    It would be a nice gesture to give a TY to your ushers and readers.  And I don't think anyone would expect it to be on the save plane as your WP gifts.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You should give them some token of appreciation.  I'm personally a fan of Visa giftcards that can be used anywhere (they're like debit cards with a pre-set amount). Or you could shop same as you did for the WP.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I like the Visa gift card idea, especially since several of our wedding party members are students. I know money is always appreciated. Smile Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Our readers in our wedding are a married couple - they're going to do it together.  We're going to write a nice thankyou note and give them a gift card to a restaurant they like.  Or maybe one to a move theater and one to a restaurant - either way, our intent is to give them a night out on us :)
  • Options
    We got our ushers and readers gifts but they were for the most part, less expensive. But price shouldn't really matter, it's the thought that counts.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    bio
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gifts-wedding-party-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f530435d-bf33-4b98-b68f-bafbc9eb9522Post:c34fbf0d-8610-4958-a75d-1ebe096eabbd">Re: Gifts for Wedding Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the Visa gift card idea, especially since several of our wedding party members are students. I know money is always appreciated. Thanks for the advice!
    Posted by Star76344[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, though, these are hard to use. Fees, plus you MUST know your exact balance.

IMHO, I would opt for a store gift card or cash.
  • Options
    We gave each of the readers and Communion bearers a $25 gift card to a store they liked. Target, Barnes & Noble, Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards