North Carolina-Outer Banks

Ceremony Photography Only?

Me again!

Has anyone come across a photographer who offers limited coverage at a lesser rate?  I am really looking for a photographer to cover mainly the ceremony.  Reason being is I feel a photographer for the entire day is pretty pricey ($4000+++) and I don't have that huge amount to use for the photos.  I know friends and family will do a fine job covering the reception fun, but would like some nicer pics at the actual ceremony.  If anyone knows of anyone or has come across a good deal for photography, I would love to heari about it.

THANKS!

Re: Ceremony Photography Only?

• jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, that is exactly the type of set up we are looking for, I will check her out, thanks!!
  • HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi jkramas!  I am using Kristi Midgette who offers hourly photography for a 2 hour minimum for $500/hour with rights to all photos after.  I am using her for 4 hours (she has various packages at her website) and it is only a little over $2k.  I know this is still a little pricey, but she will be there for some getting ready photos, the ceremony, photos after and the 'important' parts of the reception.  Other than that I am putting cameras out and counting on others photos.

Hope this helps!

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Dough and Michelle Haber from Outer Banks Productions, I have loved working with them so far.  For 2 hours, they are $999.  I'm sure they would work with you if you didn't want them for 2 hours.  They worked with me to get a good package, I ended up payin $1600 for 4 hours of coverage plus a trash the dress shoot the next day, it includes all images on dvd with your rights to the photos.  You could always email them and see what they have to say.  They are so nice.
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ChrIssie, I will def. check them out too!!! :) Thanks!!!
  • kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Bridget McEnaney. She is very reasonably priced and it includes travel from inland NC where she is from.
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kolaughlin, thanks so much, that is a really great deal!  I will check her out as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow.  Kolaughlin, that's a great price for Bridget McEnaney.  B/c of that, I just had to check out her website.  Yes, she's a recent graduate, but her photography is really fantastic.  Good find. 
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Daniel Pullen.  He starts at 2 hours and you can add hours from there.  They worked with me and built me a package that was a little better than their usual pricing.  He works with his wife, so you get 2 for 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards