September 2013 Weddings
Options

Flower POLL: What are you thinking of using?

I have my heart set on peonies, but know that isn't exactly realistic for Sept :(

What are you ladies thinking of going with?

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower POLL: What are you thinking of using?

• Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Sunflowers and gerbera daisies is my plan, although FI has this crazy obsession with birds of paradise??? Our colors are orange, yellow, and grey.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing silk flowers. Red and yellow roses to be exact.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thinking pink roses.  Our colors are Navy blue and black.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i was also thinking peonies, and no they are not available unless you want to pay a pretty penny for them! i found a great alternative, they are called cabbage roses and they look just like peonies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Calla lilies. If I'm lucky, I'll have/pick my own. I hope to do a dry run this September. I've never raised them before, so... here goes.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_flower-poll-what-are-you-thinking-of-using?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a1edde3d-f775-4615-b8cd-e06a5d2e0700Post:e6c458c2-aa8a-43dc-912d-b20aa11d8e85">Re: Flower POLL: What are you thinking of using?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i was also thinking peonies, and no they are not available unless you want to pay a pretty penny for them! i found a great alternative, they are called cabbage roses and they look just like peonies!
    Posted by msimeone03[/QUOTE]

i"ll have to look into those, thank you!!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love/wanted peonies too :(

In every bouquet my fiance has ever given me there are always gerbera daises and tiger lilies (his favourite!) so we will definatly have those and I always love classic red roses. So that's pretty much the basis for our flowers.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I looked up September seasonal flowers and these were my two favorites because of their symbolic meanings.   Personally, I want seasonal flowers and these come in Purple which is one of my wedding colors, which of course helps me to like them.  ;)
    (sorry for the crazy fonts, couldn't figure out how to make them all the same)

asterToday, they’re known as a talisman of love and a symbol of patience.  its star-like flowers can be found in a rainbow of colors – white, red, pink, purple, lavender and blue, with mostly yellow centers. 
    Dahlia SymbolismWhen given as a gift, the dahlia flower expresses sentiments of dignity and elegance. It is also the symbol of a commitment and bond that lasts forever. The dahlia flower is still used today in gardens and flower arrangements to celebrate love and marriage.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Red roses I'm going silk not real. Saved me money and no chance of wilting in the sun
  • Options
    I'm planning to shop around this fall and see what is available in my area.  Seasonal is the way to go if you want to save money.  I originally wanted peonies as well but there's no way I'm paying big bucks for them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want peonies why not get silk ones and them have other real flowers around them? My bouquet is going to be gardenia, pikake, white or blue sweet peas, white tulip, white calla lilly , blue orchid, and a few white roses. I picked these flowers because they represent the reason why I'm even in this earth. My tutu (dads mom, passed away when my dad was young but he said gardenia was her favorite), my tutu Trinity (dads step mom), my grandma (moms mom), my mom, my step mom (who I've known for 18 years), my favorite flower and the roses represents my future mother in law. My bridesmaids are going to have all red flowers with some greenery: ginger, plumeria, anthurium (regular and tulip), caribaea and salvia, green curly fern and ti leaf. Groom boutonniere, not 100% sure but it may have: white rose or mini calla with red salvia, white orchid and bamboo orchid for greenery. Groomsmen boutonnieres, also not 100% sure but my FI and I are thinking red tulip anthurium or red caribaea, red salvia, red plumeria and bamboo orchid or ti leaf.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options
    i wanted peoneas too unfortunatly my florist couldnt do it, as they arent in season. I also wanted aneomes (sp) but same issue.
    so im going with white hydraengas and white roses along with some white gerber queen's to give the look of the anemones., with white feathers in the boquets
    the guys are having simple white roses,
    same with the moms and fathers.
    center peices im trying to keep costs down so im either going to do the big white ostrich feather center peices,
    or im playing around with making my own center peice vases , tonights task which im actually quite impressed with, then this sept im going to go out and try a bunch of flowers at the local green houses and see what works. then order them all next year and diy the day before. im thinking all white mums.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards