African American Weddings

Seating Charts Anyone?

Hey ladies...

Are any of you DIYing your seating charts?

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Seating Charts Anyone?

• edited December 2011
    I am. I'm Gonna purchase a map and easel. Then make paper planes with names and "gate numbers" on them and arrange them on the map in alphabetical order. Something like the pic below. Sorry not the best pic.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seating-charts-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:32d4e769-ad6b-46d0-955b-f29fba776f47Post:fa9c0242-e875-4284-95d9-a55e64770a9b">Re: Seating Charts Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am. I'm Gonna purchase a map and easel. Then make paper planes with names and "gate numbers" on them and arrange them on the map in alphabetical order. Something like the pic below. Sorry not the best pic.
    Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds very interesting. Do you have more info about it. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_seating-charts-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:32d4e769-ad6b-46d0-955b-f29fba776f47Post:fa9c0242-e875-4284-95d9-a55e64770a9b">Re: Seating Charts Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am. I'm Gonna purchase a map and easel. Then make paper planes with names and "gate numbers" on them and arrange them on the map in alphabetical order. Something like the pic below. Sorry not the best pic.
    Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE]

CUTE idea!

I was asking because I did my friends for her wedding this past weekend and I must say it was a LOT of work but I did it from scratch (no template, no guides, nothing)...I am glad with how it came out but I was going to give some pointers that I learned on the way...lol

Photobucket

edited December 2011
    Oh yea...here is a pic

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    You did a great job! I'm sure we will take any tips or advice you wanna give. We aren't quite close enough to actually start ours but I have an idea of what i want to do

@chescam- I got the idea while just browsing the internet. I found it here  http://www.itsjustsillyme.com/?p=1393  . Of course ours will be different beause or colors and the type of map we use but its such a fun idea. I looks like once you find a map you like you can pin or staple it to poster or cardboard and just use a free standing easel to show it. 
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine in word (no template).  It looks similar to the pic above, but I put my monogram in the middle.  I will take it to kinkos to get it blown up.  It's in .docx format right now, so I can't post.  It wasn't that hard to do. I added the names in under each letter as the RSVPs came.  After I get the last few, I will clean it up and add some flourishes!
    edited December 2011
    I did my friends in Photoshop so I had all kinds of text boxes everywhere but I was doing things one by one by one until I realized how much more work I was doing.

I was worrying about the sizes as I went along.

It is best to get all the information out there first and THEN worry about the spacing...

I was also putting table numbers one by one...if you just type out everyones name and then type table and then when you go back over the list all you have to do it put the number/name...

I only realized that halfway through the d*mn thing...lol

Any time savers are worth sharing so I figured I would share    :-)

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Instead of a chart I plan to have a table with name plates(or whatever you call them) and table they can sit where they like at the table.  I have a small group though; only 42 invited including FI and I.
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own seating chart on www.zazzle.com. It cost 18 bucks. I got a frame from Michael's for 15 and the venue provided the easel

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards