Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette Party Problem

I need to know if I'm out of line or not.  I planned my own bachelorette party.  I just found out one of the girls is bringing her boyfriend even though he is clearly not invited, because I only invited girls.  He went to the bachelor party, and we weren't allowed anywhere near that, so I think the same rules should apply.  Am I out of line telling her he can't go?  I guess I should have asked this sooner, because I already sent the e-mail and now I'm just nervously waiting for the response.

Re: Bachelorette Party Problem

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, yes you're out of line to have planned your own B-party.  But that ship has left the dock.  I hope that you at least consulted your WP before committing them to a party they might be on the hook for.

As for the guy......just call his gf and tell her that there must be a misunderstanding, and that it's a girls-only night.  If she says she won't come without him, tell her she'll be missed.   And don't give in.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    LoveBugBabyLoveBugBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Besides the fact that you *wanted* to even host your own bachelorette party... yes, I think it's out of line for your friend to invite her BF.  Why would she think it's appropriate to have him there?  I look at a bachelorette party as "Girls night out."  Even though you already emailed her, I would have spoken to her as well, and said that you really want it to be just the girls, that's the point of a bachelorETTE party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards