Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Gerard Tomko?

Has anyone used him for photography?  He was recommended by a coworker, but his wedding wire reviews are not fab.  Any Knottie thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gerard Tomko?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A girl below posted her wedding photos here - you can find them if you look back.  She seemed happy.  When I looked into him I decided to go elsewhere after receiving my first e-mail because he will only give out his priced during an in-person or over-the-phone appointment.  I personally felt like that was designed to put pressure on me.  (In my experience, most photographers are happy to send you a list of their packages via e-mail and then let you decide whether or not to meet with them in person or speak with them over the phone.) 

What is your photography budget?  There are TONS of great people that knotties here can recommend.  Just in case they fit with what you are looking to spend, my personal recommends:

-Doug Burns, Candid Moments Photography (our photographer, he is awesome, pics in bio)
    -Tony Hoffer
    -Sarah Schulte
    -Sandor Welsh
    -Rich Lavigne
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You shouldn't be turned off just because he won't give you his prices, but that's usually a sign that a vendor is more expensive than the average. The thinking is that they are more expensive for a reason and they want a chance to be able to show and explain why their work at a higher price is a better value than somebody less expensive.

LaRosita, I don't know how you felt "pressure" from one email asking to meet with you before he discloses prices. That's just silly. It's just an email. You really should not imply that a vendor is trying to use high pressure sales techniques because you didn't like his approach.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just curious but why would you recommend those photographers who can't even compare to Gerard? ESPECIALLY Rich Lavigne. What's he done like 12 weddings? And saying you were put off because he didn't give you his prices is ridiculous. Tons of photographers won't reveal their prices because they are usually better explained in person. Watch it LaRosita. That's giving a negative comment that is uncalled for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no prices nor have I contacted him but I know three brides who used him and their pictures are AMAZING!
  • Options
    Nean324Nean324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered Gerard Tomko, but he was out of our price range.  He said the best he could do was $5,000, but then told me that after the wedding, when we did our ordering that would $5,000 would probably turn into $10,000.  He tried to tell me that it was going to be that way with any photographer that I chose. And that is just so not true.  I do have to agree with Nicole., his pics are amazing, but they surely come with an amazingly huge price tag. 

We are using Sharyn Frenkel and I couldn't be happier with our decision.
    "I don't need another kind of green to know I'm on the right side with you" John Mayer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    His work is amazing but I have heard he is pricey as well... I am also using Sharyn Frenkel and she is just amazing and a very sweet person to be around!
  • Options
    re12beccare12becca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was the MOH in my best friend's wedding in 2007.  Gerard Tomko was her photographer and a family friend.  His photos were amazing!  I told him at that point on, if I ever got married, he would be my photographer. 

Well, 4 years later, I got engaged.  I contacted Mr. Tomko and he remembered me immediately.  Josh and I went down for a consultation, and booked him on the spot.  We had a destination wedding and Mr. Tomko (and his wife!) came with us.  The wedding was only 3 weeks ago, but the preview pics I saw already were AMAZING!!!  No, he was not cheap, but you get what you pay for.  Not only is Mr. Tomko a photographer, he is an artist.  If you want pictures that are of amazing quality, unique, and outside of the box, Gerard Tomko Photography is for you.  I would recommend him to anyone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards