Michigan-Lansing

Wedding/Ceremony 3 1/2 hours away...

So I just put a deposit down on my wedding/ceremony location. It's 3.5 hours away from where I live, about 2.5 from Lansing. By Union Pier and New Buffalo. My question is this: Do I find DJs, florist, cake, photographer all that closer to the location? If so how can I find them and minimize driving? Does anyone know of any great vendors in that area?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding/Ceremony 3 1/2 hours away...

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on the vendor.  My photographer was based out of grand rapids but travelled to all of Michigan without a travel fee.

Cake and florist vendors you will want to find local as they generally serve multiple weddings each weekend and won't be able to travel 2.5 hours to deliver your items.  DJ might go either way.

You can start with asking the reception venue if they have any recommendations or try the closest knot local board for recommendations.  Also, Google!  For both recommendations and reviews.

Good luck!

ETA:  I also planned a wedding (East Lansing) that was far from where I live (Detroit).  For all of the Lansing vendors, I had it narrowed down to the top 2-3 and then met with each of them and decided.  I also made the most of my trips up to Lansing by meeting with mulitple people in a day so that I didn't have to go back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards