Second Weddings

another registry question

didn't want to steal the thread below, but I've been contemplating doing a small one, even though as the other poster stated we don't really need anything (maybe new towels, etc...but nothing major)

I'll be honest....I'm a cheapo when it comes to anything in my house, #1 because I'm a miser and #2 because my kids destroy stuff lol

So, i'm trying to figure out where to register...because a lot of the registry stores prices I would die before I paid them (basically I'm a thrift shop kind of gal LOL)

suggestions on where to go?
Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
 CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!

Re: another registry question

• You should register where your guests will shop.  If you are a Target shopper, and they are all Neimann Marcus, or vice versa, it will not play off well. 

Think about what you need new for the two of you.  We had 2 homes, plus a family vacation home- all chock full of stuff.  We had 3 of most things.  However, we decided that we were buying a king size bed for us.  Since we both were sleeping in queens (alone - thus the need for a king) we needed new bedding for the king.  We also registered for new towels.  Just since we could use them. 

With 10 kids, I'd think about the spaces that are just the 2 of yours.  So your master bedroom, master bath if you have one, and your personal workspaces, for example.  How about some noise cancelling headphones?  LOL.  ~Donna

• We registered at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. We don't NEED anything so much, but I know some people will want to buy physical gifts, so I'd like it to be something useful! I mostly registered for things that it would be nice to have new but I wouldn't necessarily replace until it was completely worn out- sheets, towels, blankets, stuff that I always enjoy new but am too cheap to buy myself. I'm a big thrift store girl here too, so some new stuff can be really fun!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was going to say Target and Bed Bath & Beyond as well. They are reasonably priced national stores that also have online ordering.

In addition to what's been posted, with 10 kids between you, I'd say you can never have enough towels, LOL. New pots & pans? How about something you've wanted for a long time? For me, it was a Kitchenaid stand mixer, but since we didn't register, my wonderful husband got me one for Xmas 2 years ago.

Since you may have a lot of mismatched (and broken parts) daily or "dress up" dishes, maybe a service for 12? Even if it's just the dinner & dessert plates, not the cups & saucers?

Are you planning any home improvements? You could register at Lowe's or Home Depot for gift cards, or drop hints that you'd like somthing like that. I'm always about home improvements, LOL.

I guess you could look at it as your "wish list"........with a joined large family, in your dreams, what would you like to have?
  • I have 5 kids plus my mom lives with us. FI has never been married, but he has his own stuff (waiting til after the wedding for him to move in). I registered for Fiesta Ware (I've always wanted them, but too $). We are also registering for new bedding and towels at Target. I was suggested to register for at least a few things at stores that we like since guests may just get us gift cards instead of a gift off the registry. People like to give gifts at wedding, and there are some who don't want to give cash or gift cards, a registry helps them get something that you actually like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:5fb49156-e5f0-4bfb-9b19-24071ecf27b0Post:4c88f889-bcca-4762-b8ef-5e2e33096d67">Re: another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should register where your guests will shop.  If you are a Target shopper, and they are all Neimann Marcus, or vice versa, it will not play off well.  Think about what you need new for the two of you.  We had 2 homes, plus a family vacation home- all chock full of stuff.  We had 3 of most things.  However, we decided that we were buying a king size bed for us.  Since we both were sleeping in queens (alone - thus the need for a king) we needed new bedding for the king.  We also registered for new towels.  Just since we could use them.  With 10 kids, I'd think about the spaces that are just the 2 of yours.  So your master bedroom, master bath if you have one, and your personal workspaces, for example.  How about some noise cancelling headphones?  LOL.  ~Donna
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>right! lol </div><div>ok gotcha. good suggestions...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:5fb49156-e5f0-4bfb-9b19-24071ecf27b0Post:c8c5d27e-4b11-4b5b-9eac-e2e93b2119e1">Re: another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to say Target and Bed Bath & Beyond as well. They are reasonably priced national stores that also have online ordering. In addition to what's been posted, with 10 kids between you, I'd say you can never have enough towels, LOL. New pots & pans? How about something you've wanted for a long time? For me, it was a Kitchenaid stand mixer, but since we didn't register, my wonderful husband got me one for Xmas 2 years ago. Since you may have a lot of mismatched (and broken parts) daily or "dress up" dishes, maybe a service for 12? Even if it's just the dinner & dessert plates, not the cups & saucers? Are you planning any home improvements? You could register at Lowe's or Home Depot for gift cards, or drop hints that you'd like somthing like that. I'm always about home improvements, LOL. I guess you could look at it as your "wish list"........with a joined large family, in your dreams, what would you like to have?
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Ah yes home improvements...always doing them, we redid the entire basement last year and are still finishing it.  I work at one of the large home improvement chains as well ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>towels are an idea but I did just buy a bunch more...but kitchen towels I think we go through about every year (they get nasty quick and become rags).</div><div>
    </div><div>Its funny you said the kitchen aid, my mom bought me one a few years ago, BUT...I need a cover for it, and i've never ever in my life ever owned new dishes so ok...now I have a few things to consider ;)

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards