Ohio-Cleveland

DIY Flower Help!

Our wedding is June 1st, less than 4 months away.  My florist has been non-responsive and we have yet to sign a contract, and I'm considering asking for our deposit back and doing the flowers ourselves, especially because I'm afraid we won't be able to find a florist in the area with such short notice who can stay within our budget.  I have an aunt who used to do wedding flowers and she and her super-creative and artistic daughters have agreed to help me out, but I need some suggestions.  Does anyone know a good place in the cleveland area to order flowers wholesale? 

Also, if anyone has done their own flowers, do you have any advise or suggestions on obstacles to avoid or logistics to consider? 

PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: DIY Flower Help!

• Before you make your own flowers check out artificial flower bouquets! Look at www.thebridesbouquet.com ( They have beautiful silk flower bouquets) and www.budget-bride.com (the more expensive packages(which are only $150-$300) are prettier). I'm going with purple lilies from budget-bride.com for my wedding.
  • There is a place I stumbled upon that sell wholesale, idk the name but its on transportation blvd in garfield hts, its in plaza. If I ride back through I will get the name, sorry Imnot that much help.
  • My best friend ordered her flowers through Costco.  She ordered 10 dozen, and we made all the bouquets.  They turned out beautiful!! She purchased ribbon and floral tape from Michael's, and we followed directions from an on-line tutorial.  It only took 3 hours and it was a fun experience 3 days before her wedding.  Before you order, make sure you have someplace cold to store all the flowers, because they will wilt in the heat.  
  • Before you try and do them yourself see if this women is available.  I am using her for my November wedding and she is completely reasonable!!  I mean bigtime!  Her website is not that great but her work is awesome.  

Nicole
  • edited March 2013
    I'm making my own bridesmaid bouquets and doing my own floral centerpieces and ordering the flowers from sam's club.  Our bouquets are simple- just giant bunches of baby's breath, but it'll be easy and very cheap! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards