Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

YWCA Girls - past and present

I know ML&CJ and MarieSD are still hanging around.

I'm working on my floor plan for the ballroom. and their sheet just isn't working for me.

If you dont mind me asking - how many guests did you actually have at your reception? And how the heck did you do your floor plan?

TIA!

Re: YWCA Girls - past and present

• Options
    kare_bear_12kare_bear_12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend had her reception upstairs at the YWCA. She had about 150 guests. She was able to have a dance floor in front of the stage and have all tables surround the dance floor with the head table centered in front of the stage. With how many guest you are having, are you going to be able to have a dance floor with as many guests that you are having?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's what i'm trying to figure out right now. we were originally only supposed to be having 100-125. and now we're looking at closer to 150-160. the lady at the Y said with more than 140 you can't do a dance floor. and you would have to have the food in another area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 155 (because we knew a few absolutely would not come -- we were aiming for 140 to fit the dance floor in). We ended up only having 70 guests RSVP yes. (And I have no idea how many actually showed up). Despite that low number, it didn't seem empty at all. I think there might be pics in my bio of what the room looked like.

Regardless of the number of people we had coming, I wanted the buffet set up in the room across the hallway. I loved it that way -- mainly because you never saw the servers doing the setup/cleanup, or the huge crowd of people waiting in line, or anything like that. I never even saw the buffet table, actually -- they bought H and my food.

This is my horrible reconstruction of it (there were more tables, but you get the idea):
                                                                     Room with Buffet In It
                       Stairs                                         Hallway

Bar                          Table                 Table                 Table

Dance Floor           Table                   Table                 Table         Stage (Cakes)

DJ                           Our table             Table                 Table

When we cut the cakes up on the stage, I believe someone broke down a few tables on the other side of the room -- H and my deserted sweetheart table, for one -- to make more room for the dance floor. I never noticed anyone breaking down tables at all so I don't know for sure it happened, but it seemed like there was more room when the dancing started. I doubt anyone else noticed either -- they were either chit-chatting or watch us feed each other cake, and the DJ was playing our cake-cutting music so it covered up any noise. It was the perfect distraction.

You can certainly have a dance floor, you'll just have to have a DOC or catering staff break down some tables. Just have a table reserved for you and your bridal party, and have those be the tables that are broken down -- and give them a heads up in advance. They can stand up with you when you're cutting the cake. That way your older relatives aren't suddenly told they need to get up because their table is disappearing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've been to two weddings there and both had the same configuration as Marie except one had the bar downstairs and the other had the bar in the back of the room.

The food for both were in the rooms that would be used for "getting ready". It made the room flow and was really nice actually.

• Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the food in the groom's room, and then the pass through in the bride's room. My stuff was removed so it was empty.

I had the bar in the back that had fruit and cheese trays with the high ball tables. Dance floor in front of the stage and tables in the middle. I didn't have a sweetheart table, we ate in a private area.

HTH :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you ladies happen to have links to your photographers blog of your weddings?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's mine (click anywhere)

I might come back and delete this link in a few days, so please don't quote it (although I have no idea if embedded links work like that). I'm shy like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards