Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Small Budget Wedding

We are looking for a venue in the Philadelphia and surrounding areas to have a ceremony and reception.  Our budget is about $8,000.00 and we are looking to invite around 200 guest.  We would love to have an outdoor cermony and an indoor reception. We are flexible in the type of venue and we could people cut our guest list down.  We are also opened to having a venue that takes are of the food, a venu that you bring your caterer or even making it ourselves.  

Re: Small Budget Wedding

• Options
    That's around $40 per person, and most venues start around $80 per person.
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mermaid Lake in Blue Bell has the Paddock Room (I think it's about $200 to rent) and great deals on catering.  They can definitely work with your budget.  Oaks Fire Hall and Spring Mill Fire Company's Ballroom in Conshohocken are both probably worth contacting. I don't know what their food costs are, but they might have good deals.
  • Options
    You might need to be more willing to come out of the city into the burbs a bit. Does the 8k count *everything* or just the ceremony/reception venue cost? We did our entire wedding for under 5k (ish) but we were about an hour outside of the city. 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i am having my ceremony (outdoor) and reception (inside) all at one place for about $6K - that is $65 (approx) for buffet style dinner, open bar, and cocktail hour, and ceremony fee.

I am only having 50-75 people though.

it's at Bella Tori in Langhorne, PA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    sendygsendyg member
    First Comment
    Hello I am planning a budget wedding in Jan. or Feb. 2013. I am on a super budget! About 6k for 75 to 100 ppl. Its a winter wedding so outdoor venues are not an option. I would like ceremony and cocktail reception at same place. Does anyone have any advice or experience? 

thanks so much. 
  • Options
    sendygsendyg member
    First Comment
    I'm willing to come out of the city. Would you mind sharing your venue? <div>Many thanks, </div><div>Sg</div><div><div>
    </div><div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_small-budget-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:43741330-1767-4254-a040-782111a8327bPost:5c2e2423-e3cf-4c88-9339-6731a9aa4d36">Re: Small Budget Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might need to be more willing to come out of the city into the burbs a bit. Does the 8k count *everything* or just the ceremony/reception venue cost? We did our entire wedding for under 5k (ish) but we were about an hour outside of the city. 
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_small-budget-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:43741330-1767-4254-a040-782111a8327bPost:f566eed1-d633-46a6-b9ba-6a00d0094fe1">Re: Small Budget Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm willing to come out of the city. Would you mind sharing your venue?  Many thanks,  Sg n Response to Re: Small Budget Wedding :
    Posted by sendyg[/QUOTE]

Ballroom at Boothwyn (might be googled under "catering by lia") we're doing a winter wedding there 2013 in Feb. Food is good; the people who run it are beyond great (ask for Tim, he and his brothers run it) but you can't bring in food or liquor other than a cake. I've said it before, so if you're already read it ignore it, but my family is used to country club type weddings... so when we had to downscale we had no idea we could find a venue like this that is actually behind a firehall. Once you pull in the parking lot you can't see the firehall at all and the inside is gorgeous. They offer their silk flowers or you can bring your own. Four or five hour receptions. Less in the winter. They really work with you and make you feel super welcome (which is what I really wanted for my guests). They have an extra room you can use for cocktails or a ceremony.
  • Options
    Try Polonka hall in Bensalem on Knights rd. It doesnt look beautiful from the outside but insside  is nice and they have a beautiful outside area for a ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards