Maryland-Baltimore

DJ v Band

Hi all! I am getting married in downtown Baltimore in Nov 2012. I am trying so hard to decide between a band and a dj. I am having an evening Sat wedding, so I am not sure if a DJ is appropriate, although I think they have a wider array of music for everyone. 

What is everyones idea on this? ANyone know of a FABULOUS DJ? The dancing at my wedding is one of the most important thing to me! 

Thanks! 

Re: DJ v Band

• edited December 2011
    A Band was WAY out of my budget! So I had to go with a DJ.

I saw my DJ (World Renown Entertainment) at a wedding, so I got to see them in action. Although my wedding isn't until April. They have been very responsive and are members of a DJ association (ADJA.org)
    Check them out:  www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html">http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html

My Fiance suggested we meet other DJ's to see the difference between the DJ's.
    We ended up meeting 3 DJ's. With one DJ, we could right away that this wasn't gonna work out. We ended up picking World Renown Entertainment, mostly because we saw them in action and the reviews in weddingwire.
    I highly recommend meeting your DJ and make sure who you meet will be your DJ, the day of.

Hope this helps
  • md200805md200805 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with above posts.  DJ is more affordable.  Band is more live and entertaining.  it is great for dancing.
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a good band can be great - but are usually very expensive.  Where as a budget band may not be that good.

We went with a DJ because it was more within our budget, but I thought it was great to actually hear all my fave songs.  We used DJ Orlando - Orlando Entertainment - the owner David and his wife Jessica came as a team.  They played all the songs we requested and other similar songs to what we wanted. 

I love to dance and really wanted the night to end in a dance party and that is exactly what we got.  I would use David again and recommend him to anyone!
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards