Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal scheduling etiquette

Is there a special way I should inform the wedding party about the rehearsal? And who all needs to be there besides the wedding party?

Re: Rehearsal scheduling etiquette

• Only the wedding party needs to be at the rehearsal.  You can inform them of the time and place for it just with an email, but it's nice to send out actual invitations to the rehearsal dinner.  (To anyone at the rehearsal, their dates/SOs, and anyone else you want to invite.)
  • We were informal in our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner invites.  We let set an e-mail to the wedding party and those participating in the ceremony (readers, musicians, etc.) letting them know the details.  DH's parents handled the invitations to the rehearsal dinner but we did work with them on the list so no one was overlooked (especially SOs of our friends).
    Anniversary

• This pauper is big on putting things in writing. If your rehearsal and dinner are casual, or you're just dealing with casual people, it's fine to start things off by saying in person or on the phone, "Are you free for the rehearsal and dinner on X date at Y time?" (or "Please hold X date...") but confirm with an e-mail or mailed invitation. Mostly, this is because I never remember things I'm just told.

OTOH, I can give my father 6 e-mails about plans, and get an, "Oh, you were serious...?"

"Wedding party" for the rehearsal includes anyone with something to rehearse. So, readers, friend-soloists, usually the officiant. Readers and soloists might not rehearse the whole thing, just the walking-up, where to stand, how to adjust the microphone stuff.
  • We just called everyone and told them. No special invites.  We invited VIPS- WP and SOs, moms, readers, RB and FG with their parents, and our 2 international guests since they were staying with MIL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks so much for the feedback! I think I've got a plan in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards