New Jersey

Need Venue Help in Northern NJ

My fiance and I are planning on a July - August 2013 wedding.  So far, we have seen Park Savoy and Nanina's in the Park.  We were given prices of $260/$180 (Sat/Sun) for Park Savoy and $250/$170 for Nanina's.  We would prefer a Saturday and expect 175 guests.  Our max for a Saturday is $200 all inclusive.  We would consider a Sunday but, the place would have to exceed all of our needs.  Other venues on our list include:  The VIlla, Crystal Plaza, Brownstone, The Grove, Valley Regency, Meadow Wood Manor and Brooklake Country Club.  Are there any other halls I should add to our list of consideration?

Re: Need Venue Help in Northern NJ

• I love my venue... Rockleigh Country Club in Rockleigh NJ and I also loved Florentine GArdens in Northvale.  You will not get a Sat night (at least during peak season) for $200 on a Sat, but def on a Friday or Sunday.  Also, both require 200 person minimum for Sat night.  That was our problem because we could not guarantee 200, so we had to do a Friday.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Venetian and Seasons are beautiful and would work for your size wedding.  We just booked at The Palace at Somerset, which would work if you would consider Central Jersey.  Can you describe what you are looking for in a venue (outdoors, 1 wedding at a time, modern, menu, etc).  We looked at 25 venues before we chose, so I have seen most of them in North/Central Jersey.
  • I am getting married at the Park Savoy next year in March on a Friday and an paying$120 a head. They even threw in free veniesse hour. Would you consider a Friday earlier in the season? My friend got married at the Seasons last year which is nice and the food was really good. The only negative is you dont have the venue to yourself. She paid $180 for a Saturday in July.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Madison Hotel in Convent Station had great prices. 
  • We have to have a summer wedding, I'm a teacher.  Would prefer a venue with only 1 wedding at a time.  I tried Venetian and they require 200 min.  Really can't do a Friday, will consider a Sunday.  Would like a room that blends well with Blues/Lavender, etc for a summer wedding.
  • Did you look into Il Tulipano? I know they hold 1 wedding at a time and I believe they recently renovated the site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-venue-help-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f3ef8cd5-10ba-4a6b-86c3-90c377c10843Post:86d9aca7-9d7f-4a98-9bf7-f805b517df0b">Re:Need Venue Help in Northern NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you look into Il Tulipano? I know they hold 1 wedding at a time and I believe they recently renovated the site.
    Posted by Kimachado[/QUOTE]

<div>didn't think of it...will add it to the list...thanks</div>
  • We did a Saturday daytime at Florentine because of the 200 person minimum, but the price dropped significantly.  I really like the one event at a time thing.  Definitely check it out!
  • Family members of mine just had weddings at West Mount CC and Florentine Gardens, so I can't have mine there.
  • I am having mine at the Grove on a friday night next august, I don't remember exactly the price on top of my head but I can check for you if you want. It was in the same rice range as the season and the venetian. All are gorgeous venues but the grove was the one available on the day we wanted. Our minimum is 175.
  • I highly recommend Il'Villaggio. The food is amazing and the place is beautiful. They do only 1 wedding at a time.
  • My wedding was at the Brownstone. The food is wonderful, and so is the price! we had a great wedding!
  • We looked at many different venues over a course of 3 weeks and we fell in love with the palace. I know you mentioned summer because you are a teacher. I am as well and we booked for the first weekend in November around teacher's convention.
  • I booked The Atrium ..
  • I went to a wedding at Nanina's and it was beautiful. I'm having my reception at the Meadow Wood Manor. I think both are good choices. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married at The Manor in West Orange on friday.  It is deff in your price range. 
    Married April 27th 2012
  • We are getting married in Maritime Parc in Liberty State Park in April 2013. We are doing  a Friday wedding for 130/guest min 130 guests we will probably be totalling 150 guests.  
  • I just looked at the Medow Wood Manor. I am looking for a Sunday wedding. Including tax and gratuity from April - December, is $145 pp with a min of 125 people. They offer a lof with that, free valet parking, 22 white glove passed hor d'oeuvres, with 2 standard cocktail stations (hot and cold antipasta, cheeses, dips, pasta, fruits, vegs) and 2 stations of your choice for the cocktail hour. Open Bar premium and ultra premium, appetizer/salad, multiple dinner choices, ice sculpture, signature drink upon arrival, and a bunch more. I have a chart I have made up comparing the places that I have seen. Private message me if you would like any more info! Best of luck!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_need-venue-help-in-northern-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f3ef8cd5-10ba-4a6b-86c3-90c377c10843Post:fae671aa-fe8e-496f-b6e2-7e6a5bdbb649">Re: Need Venue Help in Northern NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my venue... Rockleigh Country Club in Rockleigh NJ and I also loved Florentine GArdens in Northvale.  You will not get a Sat night (at least during peak season) for $200 on a Sat, but def on a Friday or Sunday.  Also, both require 200 person minimum for Sat night.  That was our problem because we could not guarantee 200, so we had to do a Friday.  Good luck!
    Posted by Jacky225[/QUOTE]

I'm also using the Rockleigh CC and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE that place, it's so beautiful. I'm having mine on a Sunday evening in August and its $150 pp, because I didn't want to go over $200 pp or a 200 person minimum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards