South Carolina-Charleston

Vendor Reviews

Just wanted to pass on my reviews from the vendors I used from my wedding July 17th!

Photographer - Juliet Elizabeth Photography (A++)
     Juliet was so great to work with. He has a photo journalistic style and really has a way of capture\ing all aspects of your day.. Her prices are little higher than some of the other Charleston photographers out there but after looking at the end result she was worth every penny!!!!

Officiant - Charleston Wedding Officiant (A)
     Doug Farmer was a pleasure to work with. He really made our ceremony personal by meeting with my husband and I prior to the wedding to get to know us better. He also had us send him "What I Love about my Fiance" emails which he incorportated in the ceremony.

String Quartet - Classical Charleston (A)
     Andrew Mille was so easy to work with. Most of our discussions were through email. On the day of the wedding everything went off without a hitch. Probably the easiest vendor I worked with.

Venue - Dunes West Golf Club (A+)
     Jason  (food & bev director) was very resourceful. and helped tremendously in making my wedding day flow perfectly. He didn't try to upsale us on unnecessary options. They are very flexible and try to accomodate your every need no matter how strange. At the end of the night, they even wrapped up a little bit of everything served at the wedding to take to the hotel as well as a bottle of champagne.

Hair & makeup - CoverGirl Brides (A+)
     It was so nice having Karen come to the venue to do the hair and makeup for myself and my maids and moms. She is a licensed cosmetologist and does an excellent job creating the look you want to acheive. Highly recommend the airbrush makeup. Worth the extra $$!

Cake - Publix (A-)
     There was a sligh mix up where Publix lost my order 2 days prior to the wedding which freaked me out. They were able to re-enter my order  2 days prior and the cake actually turned out better than I had imagined. They were on time with the delivery and it looked exactly like the picture I had provided them.

Florist - Branch Design Studio (A++)
     Whitney Randall is extremely creative and talented when it comes to floral arrangements. I was able to give her just a few ideas of what I wanted and she was able to take my thoughts and turn it into arrangments that everyone was raving about. Her prices are reasonable and you won't be disappointed.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you enjoyed Karen from Covergirl, and Doug Farmer. We used them too. And I also highly recommend the airbrush.

Make sure to post some pictures!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also considering using Karen. How many bridesmaids did you have and how long did it take her?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_vendor-reviews-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:e42fb807-f6a7-4dc4-bb23-890781f461a1Post:13f377b4-26ac-4685-aada-7ce23a5d2613">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also considering using Karen. How many bridesmaids did you have and how long did it take her?
    Posted by woodsandminkin[/QUOTE]

I only had one MOH but she plans accordingly and she has assistants. So as an example she came to us with her asst. The asst. started working on my MOH make-up and straightening her hair, as Karen worked on me. The asst. left to go to another location to start that client. Then Karen finished my MOH. And after a few pictures, she left. She arrived at 9am and was done by 11 I think.

She can gauge how much time is needed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lucy062405Lucy062405 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen is not available for my wedding :( did you meet any of her other girls that you would recommend?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards