California-Los Angeles
Options

*dawnbeatty*

I LOVE Shade Hotel...

My mom stayed there last year for her birthday...Its REALLY REALLY nice there!

If you dont mind me asking, what was the rate they gave you for 5 hours?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: *dawnbeatty*

• Options
    edited December 2011

The gave me the room for 145.00 and we have it from noon to 5 pm.  They know we are taking pictures so she said she will make sure we have a room that has the most natural light.  I haven't been there but from pictures I've seen it looks really nice.

My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if I can call them and they give me the same rate...

I LOVE that place...

My photog and I will split the cost of the room and she will just charge me like $50 for retouching...that way I get pics and she gets pics for her profile...

Sounds like a good deal to me! I didnt expect her to do those for free as well...

She found something at The Custom Hotel for like $105 but I havent seen a room there...I think Shade would be GREAT!!!

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally think you can get the same rate or better.  I think it depends on when you are going to do it - if it is busy season or something.  I'm doing mine on a Thursday so I  don't know if that had something to do with the rate.  What month do you think you want to do yours?  I'm actually doing mine on April 1 - I know that is way to early for you to do yours - but if you decide - hey I already got the roomWink
    Our Wedding Teasers
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photog was actually thinking about doing them in the next few weeks...I feel like Im not even ready for that...my goodness!!!

I dont know whats too early and whats NOT too early...lol...I will still have them on a disk...so I guess it doesnt matter when I do them...

I think I would want my friend to do my make up though...but its FIs friends girlfriend so I dont know how I would keep it from him...LOL!

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that is a hard one because something like this I wouldn't want anyone to ruin the surprise of it all.  Because it is a lot of planning and money being put toward this.
    Our Wedding Teasers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I think I will just practice on my make up myself...well, eye shadow...

I am not a big make up person but I would like to have on make up to get a little different look...

Also, I have NO IDEA what to wear...
    Any suggestions???

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl we are in the same boat - I don't wear makeup either.  I'm a eyeliner and lipliner/lipstick person EVERYDAY.  My sands helped me the day before we had our 1st engagement shoot in LBC - and it came out okay.

As far as what to wear - I haven't got anything yet.  I went to fredricks last week and they had some cute things and they weren't all that expensive.  The had some cute corsets and I think I want to do something like that.  I want to wear something black, something red and I think something teal.  I also brought a raider shirt and I will take some pictures with that on and a football in the background.  I also want to wear one of his ties and take some pictures. 

I say all of this because I've seen them on skinny girls so who knows what it will  look like on me.  I just hope she has some amazing skills to make me look smaller Smile
    Our Wedding Teasers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put on Carmex every day and call it a day...LOL!!!

I was thinking about going to Fredericks to see what they had...I generally find stuff on the sale rack when I go...I just happen to be in there when they have a sale.

I was thinking about a corset too (because of the baby belly) and then there was one thing I was thinking about was some cute panties (no bra) and have my back toward the photog and then looking backward (if that makes sense)...so maybe I can have some panties with his last name on them or something...I have no idea...

I like the tie idea...thats pretty cute!

He is a Vikings fan so we will see about that one...

Maybe I can find something purple...(since that is our main color for the wedding)...

I feel like I used to be a skinny girl...LOL!

I do need my photog to be able to make me look good AND take out the extra marks that I have since having the baby...thank goodness for retouching!

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh retouching / photoshopping will be my best friend.
    Our Wedding Teasers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards