Offbeat Weddings

Need skull vest for Groom, any ideas?

My fiance found a picture of a groom wearing a skull vest and he has his heart set on it. Problem is, there is no info available on where it came from. I have searched all over the net trying to find something similar, anything with skulls or anyone who offers "unusual" attire for grooms, but have had absolutely NO luck. Does anyone know of a website or clothing outlet who offers things like that? ANY ideas would be welcome! (I've even contacted the photographer of the picture and she does not know where it came from either.)

Re: Need skull vest for Groom, any ideas?

• I've been in contact with several screen printers and they are all balking at the idea. Telling me it's not possible, the lining will be a problem for how they need to print it, blah blah blah. I thought it would have been easy too, but guess not. And lilmissscareall, you are a doll!I love those!I'm going to show them to him and see if he likes either of them. Thanks so much you guys!
  • i've seen this similiar pattern airbrushed a LOT on motorcycles.....and i know some do it with a stencil. perhaps contact a custom body shop in your area and i'm sure they could hook you up. if not pm me - i have a couple friends in mind that can do stuff like that. google image search 'skulls airbrushed on motorcycle'. awesome stuff 
  • Even if he doesn't like one of them exactly as they are, one reason I love Etsy is the vendors are usually GREAT about custom orders :)
  • You could also check for skull print at Spoonflower.com (a place for custom ink jet printed fabric) You could print it on a nice silk and maybe have a tailor replace the lining if you don't sew. That could be a fun detail. I didn't see any prints I would have liked as the shell for a vest, but there could be some on there. Or if you are into digital art you can make a print yourself and print it on fabric.

Another alternative is to rip the lining from the vest (again maybe have a tailor do this if you can't sew) and then take the shell to the screen printer.... basically pigment prints are set with heat... there's usually a large oven they send the garments through  to set the print... and if the lining is a heat sensitive material (like polyester or nylon) then it would melt in the oven...  but if the shell is made of cotton, wool, silk or even a quality polyester it should survive the heat-setting oven... After it's printed it would have to be reassembled... but caution.. heat setting will often shrink fabric about 3-5%  its not too much but it could mean 1/2 to a full size smaller possibly
    Then re-assemble

But etsy is probably the best way to go. If I had time I would be interested in working with you (I'm a fashion designer (with good sewing skills), working in a factory, and there's a screen printer that we work with in the building)... If you didn't need this in a rush I could probably get something done by February or March. Send me a private message if you're interested.
  • You might be able to get some skull material and take it to a local tailor and have them make you a vest. Just a thought...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards