Ohio-Cincinnati

Newbie! Reception venue question!

Hi all!
I just recently got engaged and am looking at reception halls. I'm specifically checking out The Phoenix and The Syndicate. They seem to be similar in pricing...anyone have any feedback on them? Specifically, do they negotiate on prices? I like that the syndicate has beer/wine/liquor in the package while the Phoenix only has beer and wine. I'm wondering if I can get them to include liquor in it and add an hour to the bar time to match the Syndicate...do halls make these kinds of negotiations?  Thanks so much!!

Re: Newbie! Reception venue question!

• Jennwolfe2, check out The Center - www.thecentercincinnati.com
    It is a bit more work because you have to bring in everything, but it also gives you the option to cut costs. They are located in downtown...they do not have an outside but they have massive windows off of the ballroom that overlook Fountain Square.

They do not control the bar that you bring in. If you can find caterers who will cut a deal and do bar packages at a lower price, that would save additional money. The space is also large enough, to have both your ceremony and reception in one place and has its own LED lit dome. We are saving tons of money here, just from all of the extras that they have.

Everything isn't included in a one stop package - that's where we started looking as well, but after we found The Center we realized we could save money by picking our vendors ourselves. They seemed to better fit our budget than the package deals. Just a thought...good luck with picking your venue!
  • <div>Hi!</div><div>Thanks for that recommendation! I actually went to a few parties at the Center - it was amazing! It is a lot of work and I dont like how it's a 2K rental fee for nothing but the space though. I definitely agree that it's worth it if you can get oustide deals and esp if you know people in catering! Thansk again :)</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_newbie-reception-venue-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:f7fa0767-a720-4fd2-9bb8-65d4aaf78f1bPost:eb67282f-d48b-4910-8e57-2699ac989116">Re: Newbie! Reception venue question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jennwolfe2, check out The Center - <a href="http://www.thecentercincinnati.com" rel="nofollow">www.thecentercincinnati.com</a> It is a bit more work because you have to bring in everything, but it also gives you the option to cut costs. They are located in downtown...they do not have an outside but they have massive windows off of the ballroom that overlook Fountain Square. They do not control the bar that you bring in. If you can find caterers who will cut a deal and do bar packages at a lower price, that would save additional money. The space is also large enough, to have both your ceremony and reception in one place and has its own LED lit dome. We are saving tons of money here, just from all of the extras that they have. Everything isn't included in a one stop package - that's where we started looking as well, but after we found The Center we realized we could save money by picking our vendors ourselves. They seemed to better fit our budget than the package deals. Just a thought...good luck with picking your venue!
    Posted by justengaged777[/QUOTE]
  • No problem - Good luck with everything!
  • Thanks! You too :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_newbie-reception-venue-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:f7fa0767-a720-4fd2-9bb8-65d4aaf78f1bPost:c6a69870-7a53-4c29-a289-33278feea294">Re: Newbie! Reception venue question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No problem - Good luck with everything!
    Posted by justengaged777[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards