August 2013 Weddings

Bridemaid Dresses

How is everyone coming along with finding their bridemaides dresses? I have looked at a few options but have not found anything I like.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridemaid Dresses

• I keep looking and looking. I haven't found anything I'm in love with, but I'm anxious to get my girls into stores to try stuff on because as I found out while wedding dress shoping. It looks totally different on, then on the hanger or in the catalog. Are you thinking of doing all the girls in the same dress same color? Or switching it up a bit? I think I want the same color but different styles, because one style may look better on one person then on another.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've realized how hard it is to get six girls (seven counting me) all on the same page!  The number one thing though is that I want them to be comfortable and enjoy this experience, so I am "letting go" of a lot of control over the dresses.  I am picking a (reasonable) color/fabric/length from Alfred Angelo and am going to let them pick individual dresses that they like.  If 5 out of 6 pick the same one, so be it.  Not going to worry about it.  The options will start at $79 since I got my dress there and they get a discount; I wanted to keep it very cheap for them, and I haven't found much that's cheaper than this unless you can order without trying on first (which a lot of them weren't comfortable with) or have a bridal party organized enough to quickly take advantage of DB sales (and mine are six girls all over the country).  Another friend of mine is doing "everybody pick a black cocktail dress" and her BMs are THRILLED.  

We definitely have plenty of time; the most conservative reccomendations think you shouldn't even think about ordering until January or February.  Why not make an appointment with a couple of your BMs and just let them go nuts trying on stuff that catches their eye? I second Ashelton, you may like something in person that you really weren't into online.
  • Not having bridesmaids, but I am having flower girls. I picked an color and am letting the girls pick their own dresses. So, less stress for me. I have too many other things to worry about.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found a few online that I like, but just like pp said - things look very different on than in the catalog/website! David's just called me yesterday to make an appointment but I think I will go in January when I am on school break. I definitely think it is too early for the girls to be trying on. I think I want all of them in the same dress but if some hate ones that others love, we will decide from there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I picked mine about three months ago (but it helps that my mother is a crazy and that she and my uncle are both with a formalwear company- she brought home a zillion catalogues!). http://sophiatolli.com/special-occasion-dresses/BY11179/

My MoH will be in champagne blonde (a pale, shimmery yellow) and my BMs in eggplant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• My bridesmaids and I are having a hard time deciding on a dress, for the reason being all of the bridal dress shops we have looked to carry small size sample dresses and a few of my girls cant fit into them to try them on. Has anyone else run into this issue? I know we can go to Davids Bridal and everyone would be able to try things on, but we have not found anything we love there.

I want all of my girls to like the dress and to be comfortable, and it would be ideal for them to be able to try it on before ordering it but I don't know if that will be possible.

Would I be horrible if I just had them order them without trying them on?

• Thanks Ladies,  
      I agree. It is hard to get everyone on the same page. I only have three but they are all different shapes and sizes. I have taken two of the three out and tried on dresses. We are trying to avoid DB because we all have had really bad experiences with their customer service. But that causes the problem because we are not sure where to go to look. I really like the idea of looking for something on the hanging and then being able to try it on right then. We go back and forth about if we want the same dress for each, because it does look different on each person.  They will all be the same color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my girls are wearing belsoie l144068 by jasmine. its a jumpsuit and comes in all colors. my first idea was pretty maids 22447, but lke the jumpsuit its a different idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing any dress, neutral colors, same level of fancy. I created a pinterest page of all the dresses I like (I get bored, lol), but they can pick anything outside of that as long as they run it by me first. I want everyone to be comfortable, look amazeballs, and be able to rewear the dress. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Back in August 2012 I found wonderful bridesmaid and junior bridesmaid dresses in the my wedding colors.  My bridesmaids loved the dress too (win, win)!   We weren't going to order them until after the first of the year BUT, then were told they were discontinuing the colors we wanted!  My heart dropped, I didn't think I was going to be this blessed to find dresses in a style that we all liked in the colors I was looking for again.  We decided to take a chance and order them right then and there for my August 2013 wedding.  They are due in anytime and I can't wait to see them!   The salon owner assured me that she would be able to let them out or take them in as needed.  My maid of honor has been the same size for the last several years so I'm feel confident that her size will not change, but my junior bridesmaid is just turning 12 and a lot can change in a year at that age.  Keeping my fingers crossed. Wink

• I have 3. After 4 hours shopping other places, we ended up at David's Bridal (which was the last place I wanted to go) and they all ended up loving and looking great in the same dress!! They all got their dress less than 2 weeks after they ordered it. So happy we went there!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards