Florida-Central Florida
Options

Good skin care product

Can anyone recommend a good skin care product?  I don't have bad acne.  I just break out when I get stressed.  I'm using proactiv right now and its really drying my skin out.  Thanks!

Re: Good skin care product

• Options
    ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had acne in the past and I found Proactiv is the best for me. Sometimes it will dry out my skin so I just use it less often and use a moisturizing mask. Also slather on a really good moisturizter at night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try SkinCeuticals. Leslie at Studio Cara carries it, and so does the day spa I go to for facials (Vitality Wellness in Maitland). It helped me some, but my aesthetician calls my skin "Teflon" so I had to move to something stronger, which you probably don't need. 

Also, at Ulta there's a line called Mario Badescu - he makes a Drying Lotion that you use as a night-time spot treatment. There's a very 'fabulous' fella working there who will show you how to use it. (Love him!) It's supposed to work miracles - again, except for my Teflon-skin. ;)
  • Options
    ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've tried Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion too! It works the best out of all those spot treatments I've tried out there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like Murad.

Also, if it's stress related, it's not necessarily that your skin is dirty and be careful of aggravating your skin because that can cause more breakouts.

Look into some OTC pills, I think Vitamin B is one, and Murad has another.  They're vitamins or holistic, and just help keep the stress from causing flare ups.

That was my person experience.  My face was clean and I wasn't washing it wrong or anything like that, but hormones and stress caused flare ups.
  • Options
    jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've tried Proactiv but found it a little harsh. For me it's Dermalogica all the way. Have used it for years and instead of having a lot of acne, I just get the occasional spot now and then. 

xjcx
  • Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I think I might stop the proactiv.  I'll look into your recommendations.    Just all this stress was makin me break out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alexia, does the Murad pill (or the vit. B pill) help counteract hormonal effects as well? That's my main problem. Stopped BC pills over the summer and now my skin's crap.

Staci, be prepared for the Proactiv people to give you a really hard time when you call to cancel. OMG when I called to cancel they interrogated me about why the product wasn't working, like it was my fault! I just about told them that even if the product did work I wouldn't use it anymore because they were so effin' pushy.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Proactiv didn't work for me at all. I went to the dermatologist and got a prescription. I would recommend doing that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Theresa, I had to do the same thing. I'm using the Obagi line. So far, so good... hopefully it'll work miracles in the next two weeks. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use Mary Kay. I don't have bad skin at all, actually really dry skin and occasionally get pimples. The acne treatment gel works great! FI had trouble skin in high school and still gets some bad pimples and it works great on him too. Let me know if you want my consultants information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards