May 2012 Weddings
Options

90 and Humid this Satuday!

So it looks like it's going to be 90 degrees and humid this saturday... i have a MUA and hair stylist to do my stuff, but they are planning to have me ready by 10 am... my ceremony is not til noon and reception not til 6.30pm...any tips how i can save my hair from going crazy? Or how to avoid my make up to melt that day? Thanks ladies
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: 90 and Humid this Satuday!

• Options
    What time of the day are you taking your pics? I think the earlier the better? Just try to have as much help getting around in your dress because if its a bigger dress, hauling that thing around in the humidity might not be fun :) LOL but thats all I can think of. Good luck! I hate sweating, so hopefully for you there will be a nice breeze!
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    I straightened my hair the night before so the fly aways were semi controlled. It worked pretty good! Our wedding day weather was 89 and I just tried to stay inside when I could and drink water!! =o) Good luck!
  • Options
    It was 85 on our wedding.I had my hair all up and curly Which helped a ton with keeping cool. And for my makeup I used airbrush makeup which worked wonderful, didnt run or show any sweat, and didnt have to reapply once!
  • Options
    Wow that is a huge gap between your ceremony and reception! I would just make sure you are cooled off and relaxed as much as possible... are you waiting in a place that has AC? Where will you be between the ceremony and the reception?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_90-and-humid-this-satuday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:dd91efa3-cb5a-4099-bfab-3dbf17436502Post:bd3b1d53-f714-4079-a140-bd469401cbad">Re: 90 and Humid this Satuday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow that is a huge gap between your ceremony and reception! I would just make sure you are cooled off and relaxed as much as possible... are you waiting in a place that has AC? Where will you be between the ceremony and the reception?
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

We are actually planning to take pictures between the ceremony and reception.. outdoor pictures in the park... i'm just worried that's when all the make up and hair go crazy of the humidity and me sweating... hahaa
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with PP that's a really long gap.  If I were you I'd maybe ask my stylist to stick around for touch ups.  Then again, it was hot and humid on my wedding day, too, but all of our events were right after each other.  My hair stylist had me come to her with wet washed hair.  I don't have frizzy hair, but she said if she could blow dry it that would help with the flyaways and give me more volume - I tend to get really oily after only one day, so she decided this after we did a trial where I had dirty hair.  Also, for makeup I did airbrush and the only places it came off were around my hair line where I was blotting the sweat all night - and I sweat like a beast alllll night haha.  My planner was literally following me around with a cold wet wash cloth - thank god for her!  But I couldn't stop dancing, I was just having too much fun!!!!  Anyway....maybe ask you stylist to either come back or if you should come with wet hair, and def do airbrush makeup.  Also, not sure how you're planning to do your hair, but I had my side swept and if it's going to be that hot this weekend I HIGHLY suggest having your hair all up.  If I knew it was going to be as hot and humid as it was on my day I would have definitely done something different w/my hair style.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards