Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Three hours, not enough time?

Hi guys, I booked my dream photog today...she is amazing and agreed to drop the price of her four hour session down to three hours and cut the cost from 2200 to 1500. I was really excited at first, but then began to worry. Will three hours be enough? We dont want professional reception photos, so we cut the package down to getting ready, decor shots, ceremony shots and the after ceremony portraits. She will stay for the first dance if there is time. My schedule is as follows:

3:30 Arrive at venue
5pm Ceremony
530-Ceremony ends, cocktail hour begins, we breathe for a moment as a couple, then do photos.
615-Reception begins

It looks good in paper, but is this too tight a schedule for the actual day? She would arrive around 4:00 and stay until 7.
Im usually typing on my Ipad...so forgive the typos! I promise I'm not illiterate. :)

Re: Three hours, not enough time?

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would be best to ask her. Photographers need varying time frames based on their abilities and process combined with specifics like wedding party size, length of family shot list and timing for photos of you and your FI as well as sunset time. I think it's a little tight but her answer is what matters most.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP to talk with your photog. Mine is working with me. She's only charging me for 6 hours, but she said she won't leave until she gets all the important shots. Cake cutting, dancing, etc.  Maybe you photog would work with you. Or discuss with her how much she would charge the day of if you happen to need extra time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • I'm not sure what prices run in your area or what this photographer is including in your package but I live in an expensive area (Philadelphia) and 2200 seems WAY high for only 4 hours of shooting. My (expensive) photographer is doing 12 hours (all day) for 3,000. I could have something WAY cheaper if I needed it.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards