Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Finding a church!

I finally picked out my reception venue, i just need to find a church.  I am looking for a church or chapel in the baltimore area that can have a wedding on Saturday around 5:00pm.  I thought this was the best place to ask! Ohh by the way, we are catholic. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finding a church!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Marikle Chapel of the Annunciation, it's at College of Notre Dame of Maryland where I went to undergrad.  We're having a Catholic ceremony also. 

Loyola (right next door to CND) has a beautiful chapel, but I think it's pretty competitive to get a date there and you need to be an active alumnae in order to have your wedding there. 

Some other beautiful churches around the city are Cathedral of Mary Our Queen in North Baltimore (on Charles Street right north of CND and Loyola), St. Matthew's (in Loch Raven/Northern Parkway area), Shrine of the Little Flower (BelAir/EdisonHwy near Herring Run Park), St. Alphonsus (downtown), St. Leo's (Little Italy), Church of the Holy Cross (Federal Hill), and of course the Basilica of the Assumption downtown. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI the majority of Catholic churches have Saturday evening mass services, and will not allow you to have a wedding at 5 PM because of the time conflicts (2:00 seems to be the norm).  

I suppose the exception to this would be a smaller chapel at a school that would not have mass services, however like SweetCFly mentioned, you often have to be an alum of the school to use these.  

GL, HTH!!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    5pm will probably be hard to find since many Catholic churches do Saturday evening Mass.  Try college chapels.  In a pinch, maybe one of the Catholic schools in the area would allow the use of their chapel and one of their priests.  I think some of them do have actual chapels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards