April 2012 Weddings
Options

RSVP Rant

So I set the RSVP due date for a month before the wedding.  I figured it'd give me enough time to call the 10 slackers and ask them if they are attending or not.  Little did I know that I'd have to contact 42 slackers!!!  Yes, that's 42 couples, 84 people total!  That's a ridiculous amount considering I invited 175.  Just waiting on 9 couples now.  I feel that I got a lot accomplished today.  Went to God's Plan class today (9-4), set up appt to meet with deacon, finalized a few ceremony details, found the signature drink, seating chart is done with the exception of those 18 slackers, and we chose the readings for the day of.  Now if those slackers could only call me back or return a text...lol

As I stated, I invited 175 people and thus far only 96 are attending.  Very happy with that number as we wanted a small, intimate wedding and then it just got outta control.  It'll also help us save some moola  :)

Did either situation happen to anyone else?

Re: RSVP Rant

• Options
    ugh i feel ur pain .... our due date was today ... and we have still yet to receive rsvps from 17 couples .... some of which have already bought plane tickets and everything ... i mean come on u have your flights booked ... send the prestamped rsvp with a check mark in the yes spot and its all done! takes a matter of 2 seconds!! 
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Options
    Carl, after not receiving 42 RSVPs and having 8 invites getting lost in the mail along with 10 RSVPs, an evite would've been the way to go lol...save money, time, and everyone is on the internet.  I would've gotten the responses the same day I sent it out lol
  • Options
    same here, my RSVP was the 20th, still waiting to hear from a few people.. most that i've gotten in touch with were like .. "oh was waiting on such and such before I knew I could come.." which is fine but geez, keep me updated!!    Still have like 5 more people I'm waiting on.  ugh.  this seating chart is going to be a nightmare!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think people just wait to the last minute on everything, grrrr! We hand delivered most of our invites (personal and cheaper) so I know they didnt get lost in the mail, but with the RSVP date coming up soon, I have less than half accepted. Many people have told me how excited they are for the wedding, but haven't taken the literal 5 seconds to RSVP on the wedding website... that's alittle more than annoying to me. BUT I'll get over it :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Of the 60 RSVP cards we sent out, we are waiting on 15.  I am also really annoyed.  Most of these people have given me verbal answers, but I need to know their meal choice!

Oh, and FI's groomsmen are both among those 15.
  • Options
    None of the groomsman have RSVP'd at this point and I'm still waiting for about 49 more people (bout 30 invites).  I invited 175 because I need 150 for my venue....when I sent out the save the dates, no one told me there was an issue or that they didn't think they'd be coming.....now all of a sudden I've already gotten 30 no's and so I'm already under my minimum even if EVERYONE says yes...so thats nice
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Weve got 35 RSVP slackers here. Our RSVP date was yesterday. All of them are from Fi's side. I dunno what the deal is. I mean how hard is it? We invited 202 and have 68 coming as of now and all the nos were mostly expected and from my oot family. So let the fun calling begin. We have to give a number to out caterer Friday! Also, for everyones oot, is it mostly people close enough to drive or do you have a lot far off that have to fly?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_rsvp-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:08e69d0b-56a8-44ae-89ef-980270f69822Post:ef633f54-4dec-47a5-9340-e1a9eaa6481d">Re: RSVP Rant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Of the 60 RSVP cards we sent out, we are waiting on 15.  I am also really annoyed.  Most of these people have given me verbal answers, but I need to know their meal choice! Oh, and FI's groomsmen are both among those 15.
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

My FI told me his groomsmenen said...why do I have to RSVP cause I'm in the wedding so you know I'm going...ugh...we are still waiting for about 45 RSVPS back so like 20 people...the deadline was yesterday so we will start calling next week
  • Options
    lol ... so after spending the morning texting most of my friends who i know have flights booked and havent rsvp'd ... we have narrowed it down to 11 people who havent responded yet .... fiance will have a lotta work to do this week contacting them! ... i did my half! lol its his turn lololol and it will give me a break to relax 
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I went through this as well!  There are still a few guests who never responded at all - and our wedding is in 11 days!  I know this is kinda no-no, but we are just assuming they are not coming.  It's a safer assumption since we're flying to Hawaii to get married - they can't just last minute show up!

I just adjusted to ticker to our total number attending and adjusted the other numbers to add up accordingly.

It's raining out here... and now back to work on finalizing music selections!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am still waiting on I think 90-something, and our deadline in April 1.  Most of it is FI's family who hasn't responded.

Some people said they sent theirs weeks ago, so they must have gotten lost in the mail.  One person said they didn't get the invite.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    So now after my MOH and FI and my mom called some people we are waiting on 25!!! Not bad...
  • Options
    Yup - honestly I think there are some you will never hear from.  Our RSVP date was early (b/c of our venue) but we figured if they hadn't booked plane tickets yet or rooms by the date the block expired (last week) - they were out for sure.  We already had a draft table assignments and were able to lock those in last week.  :)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, there are a good number of people who haven't sent back the RSVP, but I know they're coming. Basically all of FI's family, as well as the bridal party. People are just lazy. It will be hard for us to meet our minimum & it worries me. Ugh!
  • Options
    Yup, my RSVP date was this weekend and I'm waiting on about 40-50! We invited 220 to hope for 180, and so far we've only got 89 yesses and about 85 no's. It's nice to have the extra room and not worry about the budget, but if those no's had RSVP'd sooner I could have invited more and other people we had to cut.
    Has anyone had any trouble with the RSVP feature on the wedding websites? I didn't know I had it set up and maybe some people had RSVP'd to the website?
    19 days and counting! I keep telling myself that as long as we get married, the day will be wonderful. Everything else will be wonderful too, but the day is ultimately about getting to marry my best friend and the love of my life! :)
  • Options

Same here...invited 204...have to guarantee 150 and only have 130 yes's...there is at least 10 couples who havent responded at all and another 4 that are like "maybe...we dont know yet"...ummm seriously?  The wedding is approximately 3 weeks away!!!  So frustrating.

• Options

Im on the same boat :(
    My rsvp date was the 16th!  
    What sucks is that all the people that havent rsvp'd are our family members!!! all my FH's brothers, all my aunts, bridesmaids and groomsmen!

I had to vent on fb! posting a comment about how rude it is for ppl to not rsvp! and i got 3 rsvps via facebook! lol
    ppl are just lazy or ignorant! ughhhh!

Im giving my final count in two weeks. And i decided to call family members and warn them they might have to be seated at the bar if they do not confirm they are attending!  lol

April 2012 October siggy challenge Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I feel pretty lucky...I was only missing about 10 (19 ppl total).  Now if I can just get FH to call the ones on his side to find out.  I've got my mom working on my family.  Hang in there everyone, it's almost over!
  • Options
    I RSVP by date is April 6. I invited 250 people and so far have only 35 RSVPs. I'm getting worried because I do not want to order way too much food when it is costing me way over budget anyway! Is there any way to remind people? I am having people RSVP online at our website (mywedding.com) so it is pretty simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards