New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Just got engaged! Help with affordable venue in North NJ/Hudson Valley/Outer Boroughs

Hi all, I just got engaged and my fiance and I are looking to have our wedding August 2014. We would like a Saturday afternoon wedding and we are leaning towards the outdoor wedding feeling. We are on a budget because we are paying for everything ourselved and we are looking to find a venue that would charge $100 pp inclusive of service and tax for 125 guests.  I've seen a few places and honestly I'm going crazy, the ones I kind of like go for 100 and above without tax and service and some places want more than 125 guests. We def don't want to spend 15,000 only on the venue. We live in NYC so we are looking places in North Jersey and Hudson Valley. Can you recommend some and tell me a little more about your experience with them and ect? Thank you!! 

Re: Just got engaged! Help with affordable venue in North NJ/Hudson Valley/Outer Boroughs

• Options
    I got married at The Old Tappan Manor in Old Tappan NJ. It is a BEAUTIFUL place! It isnt outdoors but they have an outdoor patio (it is really mainly for smoking etc...) They werent in that price range but they were somewhat close to it. I also added in extras and got married on a Saturday evening. Right off the bat by wanting to get married on a Saturday, you are looking at a higher price. If you are willing to go to a Friday night or Sunday it is a DRASTIC difference. I also went to a wedding at The Highlands Country Club in Garrison and that was outdoors AND indoors and was STUNNING! I only went as a guest so I dont know about the pricing. I hope that helps a little bit! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Check out the Colonial Inn in Northvale NJ.  I think my best friend got them down to like $85
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_just-got-engaged-help-with-affordable-venue-in-north-njhudson-valleyouter-boroughs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:74a2f009-958f-4f1b-ae97-ec5f94abe7e4Post:98ac876a-476b-480d-8b83-c4e8899efb23">Re: Just got engaged! Help with affordable venue in North NJ/Hudson Valley/Outer Boroughs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out the Colonial Inn in Northvale NJ.  I think my best friend got them down to like $85
    Posted by tsteger[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you both! I'll check those places. I'm ok with a Sunday afternoon as well so hopefully that will help me</div>
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    The Links at Unionvale...they have some great deals that are under or around your price ranges (more packages than when I got married).
    It is a beautiful setting and the staff is amazing.
    I work in NYC and many people from work came...they drove or took a train and then stayed in hotels in fishkill (we had a bus for them to go back and forth).
    everyone loved it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_just-got-engaged-help-with-affordable-venue-in-north-njhudson-valleyouter-boroughs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:74a2f009-958f-4f1b-ae97-ec5f94abe7e4Post:4eec1c22-dbc3-4750-b73a-4cb9f8ef20b2">Re: Just got engaged! Help with affordable venue in North NJ/Hudson Valley/Outer Boroughs</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Links at Unionvale...they have some great deals that are under or around your price ranges (more packages than when I got married). It is a beautiful setting and the staff is amazing. I work in NYC and many people from work came...they drove or took a train and then stayed in hotels in fishkill (we had a bus for them to go back and forth). everyone loved it
    Posted by ssage[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you all, we have found a few within our range but now we need to know if what we getting is really of good quality. The ones that are on my list so far are: The RiverView and Chalet on the Hudson (that one is a little too far so I don't know)  anyone has/has had any experience with them? Thanks,</div>
  • Options
    I just booked my wedding at the Villa Borghese in Wappinggersfalls. I have attended a wedding there and they did an amazing job. The also renovated the inside so it is brand new. They also include many extras. For example, for about 100 per person you get 4 course mea with many choicesl, your ceremony, open bar, centerpieces, and your choice of linen. Its worth a look if your willing to travel a bit. Its in lower dutchess county. 

• Options
    The Davenport Club in New Rochelle, we held our reception there last September guest (some of whom belong to the pricer clubs on the Sound) and still raving about it. The service, the food, the location (waterview and in and an old mansion)where all perfect. At the time of our booking an unbelievable $98 pp includes cocktail hour, champange toast, salad, pasta or soup, choice of three main courses, wedding cake and centerpieces (which I upgraded). I can't say enough about them. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your suggestion but I have found the one! We will be having our wedding at Patriot Hills. Its a bit over our budget but totally worth it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards