Military Brides
Options

air force fiance

my fiance is in the airforce and refuses to wear his uniform in the wedding :(

Re: air force fiance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would let him  make up his own mind. I let my hubby make up his own mind. is it a big deal for you to have him wear his uniform? if so just try to convince him to wear it.. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why doesn't he want to wear it? Why do you want him to?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Buddy says his blues are wool and hot. Hotter than a tux. We were never considering having him wear his blues, but that was his suggestion as to why your fiance might not want to do it.

Plus, whenever he has had to wear his blues, it's such a production of shining shoes and lining up everything just so and measuring and fussing - it's probably much easier and much less stress on him just to rent a tux or a suit.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, my H didnt want to wear his because he is very adamant about keeping work and the military out of our personal lives as much as he can. (Also, why we will probably never live on a base).

BFP 02/2010 m/c 03/17/2010 dx PCOS 04/2010
    BFP 08/13/2011 CP 08/15/2011
    BFP 09/16/2011 EDD 05/20/2012
    Claire Elizabeth, born 5/30 via a med free birth Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guy said the same thing.  He even hates wearing his uniform in public when he's not working lol.  Everyone always stops him and thanks him for his service and he becomes the center of attention, which makes him uncomfortable lol.  He wouldn't want to wear it to his wedding though because the military already rules our lives.  (It has kept us apart for the majority of our relationship.) He just wants to be a normal groom on his wedding day and not a freaking soldier for once lol. you know?  Not that he doesn't like the military, because he loves it and his job.  He just doesn't want it at his wedding.
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OP, what would you say if he tried to dictate what you wear on your wedding day? It's the same thing. He's a grown man, let him wear what he wants.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is in the AIr Force as well and he's not wearing his. We're getting married IN SAN DIEGO ...OUTSIDE...in SEPTEMBER when it's blazing hot.  My sweetie said he would wear it if I wanted him to but since I'm in the ARMY and know how uncomfortable wearing those dress uniforms is...I opted out.  Trust me, they look nice when they come together but they are a PAIN THE HINNY to put together and put on.  And they're REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE...did I say that already??? Take it from someone who knows what the deal is..you're doing him a favor by not giving him a hard time about it.
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is also AF. I saw my honey wear his blues to a friends wedding and he only did it because I asked. The whole time he was uncomfortable. I will never ask him to wear them again. If it's just that you've never seen your man in his blues maybe you should ask him if he'd wear them just once for you at another occasion. Trust me once is enough and when you see the relief on his face after he hustles out of them you'll understand why he doesn't want to wear them on this special day. Think about it, you wouldn't want to be uncomfortable on your wedding day either. Let him wear something else.
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    AriaGooseAriaGoose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance isn't wearing his mess dress either... he's going in a civies tux.  As one lady posted, we are at work and around the military all the time (both AD AF), and we would like our private life to be, well, private.  If someone really wants to wear their uniform, that's great.  It's just not for everyone...  Plus, if you have ever worn shirt garters, you will totally know why he wants a tux and not his Blues!  :) 

• Options
    cecora8488cecora8488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband is airforce and he wouldn't wear his blues, but our compromise is since he will be deployed for our first wedding anniversary, we are taking a photo shoot next week with me in my dress and him in his blues. Maybe try a compromise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards