Maryland-Baltimore

Dropping in from NJ....housing question.

We are going to a Half Ironman Race in June 2012 inCambridge, Maryland.  Being that is it a big event the host hotel is charging $400 a NIGHT!
The Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort and Spa is the host hotel for the Subaru Ironman 70.3 EagleMan Triathlon. The Hyatt offers a special rate for participants, and is conveniently located in Cambridge approximately 10 minutes from the race venue.  Do you girls know any close areas to look into that we may be able to rent a house for the weekend....even if we HAVE to pay for a week it might still be cheaper? We have about 10 or 12 people going...some racing & some spectating. Thanks:-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dropping in from NJ....housing question.

• weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am not familiar with that area, but I posted a link to your request on the Baltimore Nest site, so maybe an old knottie will be able to help you out.

Good luck on the Tri!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Easton is pretty close. You might be able to find a cheaper hotel there.  The Cambridge Hyatt is pretty expensive normally too.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked on vrbo? It looks like there are some rentals in Cambridge and surrounding areas that you could try.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/maryland/eastern-shore#a3329
  • edited December 2011
    Do any of you work for large companies that might offer a corporate discount @ The Cambridge Hyatt?  I would either try to work that angle- (the Hyatt does offer some great deals sometimes, it's not always $$$) or look for a house to rent in another nearby town. The Hyatt is a nice resort, but Cambridge as a town is very hit or miss, parts of it I would avoid completely and I would not feel comfortable making a decision on what section of Cambridge to stay in online.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards