Wisconsin

Seating for outdoor wedding. IDEAS?!?!?

The thought of renting a chair for $3 for a 30 minute ceremony in a park is crazy, any other thoughts for  alternative seating ideas?  Benches, where to get?  

Re: Seating for outdoor wedding. IDEAS?!?!?

• rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree and am in the same situation.  Basically no party places rent benches.  I have seen them for sale on Craigslist where families built them for a wedding ceremony, but they have been pricey.  I got a quote from Area Rentals (out of New Berlin & Delafield) for $1.10/chair which does not include delivery or set up and is for your basic lightweight brown folding chair.

If you are having a small enough ceremony, you could consider having guests stand, but making sure you provide chairs for the elderly.  Otherwise, if you don't yet have a ceremony site and are just fixed on the idea of an outdoor ceremony, you could consider sites that have amphitheater type seating, or picnic tables you could arrange.
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_seating-outdoor-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:b12d4f32-0899-4ba4-9135-54b8e006ed16Post:023f61f4-60c8-408b-a2b4-86ad700ebb5a">Re: Seating for outdoor wedding. IDEAS?!?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree and am in the same situation.  Basically no party places rent benches.  I have seen them for sale on Craigslist where families built them for a wedding ceremony, but they have been pricey.  I got a quote from Area Rentals (out of New Berlin & Delafield) for $1.10/chair which does not include delivery or set up and is for your basic lightweight brown folding chair. <strong>If you are having a small enough ceremony, you could consider having guests stand, but making sure you provide chairs for the elderly. </strong> Otherwise, if you don't yet have a ceremony site and are just fixed on the idea of an outdoor ceremony, you could consider sites that have amphitheater type seating, or picnic tables you could arrange.
    Posted by rungirl12[/QUOTE]

You need to have a seat for every butt.  It can be hard standing on grass in heels.  And if people get there early, they could easily end up standing for over an hour.  Try and find the best price you can and make it work in your budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Contact local churches or clubs. you will find many will "rent" them out for free or at a minimal charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards