Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Seating....

Just curious if anyone else is not doing assigned/reserved seating for their guests?  All the weddings i've been to have never done this, and both myself and my fiance do not want to do this as well.  The venue we are using requires RSVP's so i'll have a guest count, however we are going to have some extra tables/seating available so the guests can choose where they sit and who they sit with.  I found a custom wood wedding sign idea that we are going to use "Come As You Are, Stay As Long As You Can, We Are All Friends And Family, No Seating Plan".
62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n

Re: Reception Seating....

• Options
    We are having open seating.  Our wedding is 40 people and we are serving a "tea" reception.  So it's grazing stations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is it a smaller wedding where everyone really knows each other?  If not, I prefer the idea of having an assigned table.  If I don't know anyone, I'd feel anxious trying to find a table.  Plus, if it's a formal sit down dinner and it's a large guest list, you're going to have people spending too much time asking if seats are taken and trying to find a place to sit.  I like the happy medium of no assigned seats, but assigned tables.  Just my preference.  I do love the wording on the sign though.  :)
  • Options
    Our guest list will be around 100-125, about half of the guests on my side will be coworkers who know each other.  The venue will have plenty of room for people to move around and visit, find a table of their choice, as well as a covered patio right outside the banquet room that will have some extra tables set up, and weather permitting the doors will be open for people to roam in and out.  The weddings i've gone to have never used reserved seating and didn't see any issues with it, so we decided to not use it as well.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    We're planning to have about 200+ guests and are not doing assigned seating either. All the info I've researched seem to swear by assigned seating for guests but it's not a normal thing for my family and friends, and plus I don't want to deal with the hassle of the dreaded seating chart. Our venue has enough room and we're providing extra seating. I like the cute saying for your sign. We're having open seating for the ceremony as well and we're having a sign that says "Today, two families are becoming one. No need to select a side, just select a seat."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it's not standard with your family and friends to have a seating plan, I don't think you need to make a sign or anything--I find that some cutesy signs are a little annoying.  If your family and friends will need to figure out how to make do without a seating chart, I think you should reconsider doing one for the comfort of your guests.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards