Maryland
Options

Ceremony and Reception Site in the Annapolis/Eastern Shore Area

I am looking for a venue that I can have both our ceremony and reception on the water . Our wedding date is July 14, 2012 so we have some time to look around. We are expecting about 100 guests and do not want to spend more than $80-$100 per person. A water view is a must with the option of having an indoor ceremony if it rains. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony and Reception Site in the Annapolis/Eastern Shore Area

• Options
    kwumdkwumd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chesapeake Bay Beach Club is really pretty, might be more on the expensive side though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Celebrations at the Bay is a little more than the price you quoted, but it includes things that many brides need to rent (chairs, linens, table settings) and the catering is a lot of food and includes the wedding cake, so it might be worth looking into.  You can save a little by having beer & wine only, I think that's like $110 per person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    violinsamviolinsam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll look into those places and see what they offer.
  • Options
    gracie2762gracie2762 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Herrington on the Bay in Southern AA Co. and everything was fabulous. They have 2 ceremony sites on the water and you can have your reception inside in the yacht club or in a tent near the water. There is also Londontown House and Gardens in Edgewater. They have a ceremony site with a waterview and an inside reception site.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kent Manor Inn sounds exactly like what you're looking for too--on the water in your price range. Thompson Creek runs right along the ceremony site--they even have piers for pictures or if you want to bring your boat. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside and the reception was inside the Garden House (air conditioning!!)
  • Options
    MEGS_UMDMEGS_UMD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second Kent Manor Inn. The food was awesome and it was nice to be on the water, but have the place to yourself. Plus they include a room for the night so it was once less thing you have to worry about
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is a little late, but we are having ours in Ocean City. Not sure if that is too far for you, but ours is at the Golden Sands with an awesome 22nd floor view of the Atlantic. I also have the binder I've collected of every single place down there (even some Rehoboth and Dewey areas) that has wedding receptions, with their packages and pricing. Let me know if you're interested: jendeni@gmail.com I'll give it to you.
    imageimage
    The two loves of my life
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Chart House in Annapolis.  They will do everything and it's right on the water!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're getting married at the Chesapeak Beach Resort and Spa in Chesapeake Beach, MD.

We are only paying $62 per person (I lthink packages go upwards of $75 per).  This price includes open bar beer and wine, cham. toast, and some other stuff too.

Price for the ceremony site rental includes everything you need for the ceremony (chairs, runner, decorations, etc) except for the officiant and unity candles/sand ceremony set if you are planning on that.

Discounts for getting married on a Friday or Sunday, even in the summer.

• Options
    kml21636kml21636 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Oaks in Easton, MD is very pretty...a tad upscale though. There's also Krystal Q, but they do not have a waterview. The Robert Morrison Inn/Sandaway B&B also does weddings and they are on the water in St Michaels, as well as Harbourtowne Golf Resort. (Can you tell I'm on the Eastern shore? LOL)
  • Options
    dfontaine07dfontaine07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married the same day! Congrats on good taste! So which venue did you choose??

Happy Planning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards