Moms and Maids
Options

what to feed the bride on wedding day

I know this sounds dumb but I want the bride to eat and make it interesting in eating something.  Just Starbucks doesn't seem very much. I understand she will be nervous but I still think simple but good stuff. I don't mind any suggestion beside coffee (she really likes her coffee)  thanks

Re: what to feed the bride on wedding day

• Options
    komornickckomornickc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sub platter. That way, no mess. Make sure there isn't something that can drip on the dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What does the schedule look like?  I didn't really do anything special food-wise on the wedding day; DH and I went to McDonald's for breakfast, we had a "rehearsal" lunch, some munchies while getting ready, and then the reception.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be having sub sandwhiches at the hotel before we get dressed. 

Bagels, yogurt, bananas, etc could be more for a brunchy meal depending on when the ceremony is. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're all going to be hanging out together getting ready, you could do a couple platters of healthy snack foods that promote energy, like vegetables, cheese, and lean proteins.

If you want a meal, sushi would be kinda fun and cool :) Just go easy on the soy sauce!
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're have a luncheon at the salon in the bridal suite for my friend. There will be little sandwiches and fruit and veggies, cheese, stuff like that. Nothing fancy, but all food that is very yummy, sticks with you, and is good for you.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of our GM made a Starbucks run, and also picked up fast food for anyone who wanted it. We were all honestly too busy to really worry about food.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you sure she doesn't have anything planned?  I would think the bride would take care of lunch for the BMs on the wedding day.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, snacky stuff works best in these situations because no one wants to take the time to sit down and eat a meal.  Fruit, veggie, and cracker and cheese platters work well. I also like the subs or finger sandwiches that PPs recommended. Pasta salad is another easy option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we had bagels in the morning.. no coffee for me because coffee is like a diuretic to me (spelling?) like makes me have to go..

we had lunch trays.. sandwiches, etc
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking we'll do bagels when we wake up in the morning with some fruit - probably strawberries. Then around lunch time we'll do some snacky food - crackers, granola, yogurt...stuff like that.

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Options
    SheTeachesSheTeaches member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With the young ladies all getting their hair done mid-morning and pictures at noon for a 2:00 ceremony, I was concerned everyone would eat doughnuts for breakfast, skip lunch, not drink enough water, and not be at their best come "show time."

I conspired with the mother of the bride and took 2 small coolers containing small chilled bottles of water, one to each prep room at the church (okayed with pastor first). We ordered  a dozen sub-type sandwiches from a popular local restaurant, conveniently close to the church, cut into small pieces and NO CONDIMENTS.  I also supplied a small package of wet-wipes in addition to napkins.

The small sandwiches and small bottles of water were a hit with both the men and the ladies - I had one myself between pictures and "show time."  Lean protein and good bread gives your nervous stomach to work on, settling it down a bit.   Easy to clean up, too, since not a bite was left!  The bride's father thanked me for thinking of this small detail and just getting it done.

This was a good task for my husband and me, who didn't have nearly so much to worry about day of as everyone else had.  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great ideas. don't want any 'excitement' about feeling faint, or anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards