New York-New York City
Options

Eloping to NY

I usually post on my home board in Dallas... but I'm seriously considering eloping now.  We've go through places we'd like to elope and I'm considering NYC.  I'm from PA and while growing up I have fond memories from childhood of spending my summers in NYC playing in Central Park.  James has never been there but has always wanted to go.

My problem is... I'm having a difficult time finding someone who offers a decent "elopement package" or just someone who can take over my ideas and make it happen (at a reasonable cost of course).

Do you guys in NY have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you so much!!

Kelly
I like dogs, but not to eat
Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

Re: Eloping to NY

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When you say "elope", do you mean "the two of us getting married alone" or more like a destination wedding where you're bringing the whole crew with you?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking the two of us alone.

BUT.. I wouldn't put it past a few of our friends to want to tag along... but still, I don't want to do the full blown wedding.  It wouldn't be more than 20 people at most.
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    elopez7929elopez7929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do a google or yahoo search eloping in NYC.  We are eloping as well after attempting the huge wedding and decided we didn't want to spend that kind of money for a few hours. 

We are going to Niagara Falls and eloping there.  A couple of our friends are joining us so it should be great fun!  They have great packages and we are spending no more than $2000.00 and that includes hotel stay.  Good luck and don't stress out!  It will all fall into play.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have a friend who did that in annapolis, md....after looking at the costs of "elopement packages", they decided to do it themselves.  they found an officiant to marry them, and handled the rest of the details on their own which saved them a TON of money.  they booked a dinner reservation at a nice restaurant afterwards and of course a hotel room.  

an other option is contacting a wedding coordinator who offers day-of coordination and explaining your situation.  i think they could probably knock something off the price since it wouldn't be an all day affair and it would be significantly less planning than a regular wedding. 

good luck!
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  :)
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board