Maine

Makeup and Hair Acadia Area

Does anybody have any recommendations for hair and makeup people in the acadia/ellsworth area that won't make me look like an 80's prom queen?

Re: Makeup and Hair Acadia Area

• edited December 2011
    solo hair studio in ellsworth.  darcey hamor is the owner - she has her shop in downtown ellsworth and works at the bar harbor inn as well.

she did my hair and makeup for my wedding - i loved what she did! :)

where are you getting married?
  • jenfah12jenfah12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Fox Fields Farm in Bar Harbor.  I'm from Maine, but we are currently living in PA and may not be able to do a hair and makeup trial until the week before the wedding which is stressing me out!  Thanks for the recommendation, I will check out the salon in Ellsworth!
  • fieldieloverfieldielover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm interested to hear what you find out.  I'm getting married at the Claremont in September (we looked at Fox Fields, its so beautiful...)  My impression was that Roberto Hostins, the Aveda salon in Bar Harbor, was considered the best around but that might be for cut/color than for special occasions or groups.  I talked to Cyndi in Rockland who travels to you for makeup, and she is reasonable and has good reviews:  

I'm still up in the air on hair though.  Let me know if you have any suggestions! 

• MaineMayBrideMaineMayBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I reccommend New Image Salon in Bar Harbor. Roberto's & New Image are considered the best in town but New Image is especially known for great wedding hair. :)
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also highly recommend From This Day Forward.  They do soft beautiful work and I also found them to be reasonable for the quality of work they do.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Did you already get married?  We are getting married at Fox Fields Farm in September and I am trying to figure out hair and makeup too.  Let me know what you decided and how it worked out if you have already been married.  Id love any other tips you have about getting married at Fox Fields!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards