Louisiana-New Orleans

*Need your help* - where to find NOLA wedding decor during our visit this weekend

Hey Ladies -
I'm having a NOLA inspired wedding in upstate NY on Sept 4th. (Fiance is originally from NOLA). We are flying down this weekend to New Orleans to visit his family and will have some downtime to shop around for wedding decor.

Do you ladies have recommendations on where to find the following items in NOLA:
-Mardi gras beads/masks
-2nd line umbrellas
-Cake pulls / fleur de lis brooches
-Anything fleur de lis (i.e. picture frames, etc to decorate the reception hall).

Thanks so much for your help in advance!
-Elisha

Re: *Need your help* - where to find NOLA wedding decor during our visit this weekend

• edited December 2011
    For second line umbrellas I would check out Liz petro on Etsy. She did ours and they are fantastic.

For the other items, I would go check out Accent Annex. You should be able to find several different Mardi Gras/ Wedding decorations.
  • edited December 2011
    Most of these items (fleur de lis stuff) you can get almost anywhere that is owned locally.

I would check out Gordons of Metairie, Erics on Metairie Road, and Fleur de Lis Gifts (on Jefferson Hwy) for your fleur de lis stuff.

Cake pulls and 2nd line umbrellas you can get at GEM printing (veterans blvd.), and mardi gras beads you can get at any Mardi Gras World or accent annex.

Hope this helps! Happy hunting!
  • edited December 2011
    The bead shop  also has great cake pulls. That is where I got mine.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mj's on metairie road had great cke pulls
  • kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Fluer d"Orleans on Magazine has lots of fleur de lis items at a great price...toasting flutes, ect.......also Gem's
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Ladies - you are so wonderful!!!!
    I'm sure I will come to you with questions on how to incorporate these traditions (i.e. 2nd line, cake pulls) in my timeline when it gets closer to the wedding :)

If anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know! I probably won't be able to hit the shops until Monday or Tuesday, and I will have my smart phone with me to check this board. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards