Florida-Central Florida

Heathrow Foreclosure eek?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/seminole/os-heathrow-foreclosure-20101115,0,2566447.story

My mom sent this. I am having my reception at Heathrow and not sure what this means for the future of my reception eeek! They mention Aluaqa faced this issue in the past and reopened after some time. I wonder what country clubs are next.  Thought I would share.

Re: Heathrow Foreclosure eek?

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes.... the good news is you still have a while until you reception, I'd def start asking some questions as to what is going to happen though! Remember that the answers you are given today, might not be the same answers you'll get in two months. It might be a good idea to have a back up plan, just incase.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you buy wedding insurance?  I would get the best plan possible.  You never know what can happen.  
  • edited December 2011
    how do you inquire about wedding insurance?
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try wedsafe but there was another company I googled that offered really good wedding insurance where they even paid you if you called the wedding off yourself.  I didn't end up buying insurance and i can't remember the name of the company but try googling.  Basically, you tell them what you want insured... how much your wedding costs and then if you also want liability insurance. Then you can also add on insurance for a complete redo of your hair and make up and locale for picture retakes if you don't like your pictures turn out.  They add up the cost of how much insurance you want and then tell you the premium cost.  I would insure the wedding for the cost of the entire thing.  If the country club were to close down and not refund your money, your wedding insurance would pay you the full cost of your wedding to find another venue quickly.  
  • edited December 2011
    I would do the insurance! We plan to and just keep forgetting to do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • edited December 2011
    our planner suggested some companies so yeah I think we are definitely getting this.  She also told us this happens a lot. According to how  our contract is worded because we are so far out we should get a total refund  if they don't hold up our contract and close down.
  • edited December 2011
    second foreclosure lawsuite has been announced :(
  • edited December 2011
    :( So sorry to hear that!! Regardless of the contract, I'd get the insurance. I'm pretty sure once a company files bankruptcy (not 100% positive though) there's not much you can do in the way of getting your money back - regardless of contact. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_heathrow-foreclosure-eek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:d04691d5-7070-4e62-b6a3-995cb071300aPost:c77de760-4877-4a23-ba6d-6399ab0448c9">Re: Heathrow Foreclosure eek?</a>:
    [QUOTE]:( So sorry to hear that!! Regardless of the contract, I'd get the insurance. I'm pretty sure once a company files bankruptcy (not 100% positive though) there's not much you can do in the way of getting your money back - regardless of contact. 
    Posted by x3Harmony534[/QUOTE]
    agreed. if other creditors are bringing a foreclosure action they may run out of money paying other debts that have priority over you. i'd consult a lawyer asap.
  • edited December 2011
    well I have three laywers haha my uncle, FI and FFIL are all lawyers.  We are demanding back our deposit since by contract we are in the right to have it, which is what they all are advising at this time. My mom also hasn't paid that bill on her credit card yet so she will disput the charge if need be.  Back to the drawing board :( you ladies know how hard it is find a venue even 12 months out.  I am 11 months now. 
  • edited December 2011
    You can do it!!! :) Chin up. 11 months is still a good amount of time (though I know it's much harder since you're out of state). Good luck, keep posting if you need any help. :)
  • aleznoffaleznoff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Heathrow and had no idea this was happening.

I am getting married and having my reception at the Lake Mary Events Center.  Have you looked there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards