Colorado-Denver

Denver City Park Boathouse

Hi Ladies!!

I have been searching for an inexpensive location for a wedding reception and one that has a beautiful setting, yet is inexpensive, is the boathouse at city park.  Since it is currently under renovations I am unsure of what to expect on the inside.  Has anyone else looked at the boathouse for a reception location????

Re: Denver City Park Boathouse

• edited December 2011
    Do you mean the Washington Park Boathouse?  The building in City Park is called the Pavillion.
  • edited December 2011
    I am an event planner and saw this.  My suggestion is depending on your date, don't  assume the boathouse is going to be available.  I don't know your budget and guest count but you may want to check out Cherry Creek Marina.  Very reasonable and beautiful view.  Hudson Gardens or Willow Ridge Manor  is reasonably priced as well.    
    If you need any help with your wedding, check us out.  www.my-magicalmoments.com.  Good luck, Cyndi
  • radical4peaceradical4peace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am also looking at Denver City locations for my August 2012 wedding.  You can't reserve until Nov 1st.  Good news is your date (at least for 2012) is definitely available!  the bad news is you have to wait until November and camp out (literally) the night before to try to get your date.  Lots of people are interested in the Boathouse because of the rennovations so my advice to you is to camp out on a mission!  But the boathouse is beautiful and the price is right.
  • maesaamaesaa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops! I did mean the Washington Park Boathouse, thank you for that :) I knew that there were a ton of renovations going on but it is good to know about the reservation date! Thank you for all of the great input ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to Jeff at Parks and Rec and he said they were completely rediong the restrooms at the boathouse amongst other things so it should look great.  Just a heads up on reserving your date: COME EARLY on the reservation day. We got there at 4am to reserve our date for this summer and we were still 20th in line. Its good to go in with 2 or 3 possible dates because lots of people left after the date they wanted was already picked--always good to have a backup plan:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards