Maine
Options

keratin express + dress pick up

So, I have two things to report on from last weekend, my haircut and keratin treatment and the dress pick up. 

I got a keratin express treatment at Salon Freeport (with Rhonda), which I am using for my day of hair and make up.  I liked Rhonda, and I thought she did a nice job.  The appointment took about 2 hours start to finish: wash hair, dry a little, put on treatment, cut (and let sit for 20 minutes), flat iron.  My hair is really thick, and the flat ironing took up most of the time.  I was supposed to wait at least 24 hours to wash my hair; I got it done Saturday afternoon and waited until Monday evening.  My hair is still nice and curly, but the curls aren't as tight and there's definitely less frizz.  I was able to wear my hair down yesterday, even though it was raining.  I'm pleased with the cut, too.  I will probably do the keratin express again a bit closer to the wedding, as I decided I definitely want to wear my hair all or mostly down and curly.  I tried on my dress with my hair straight from the flat ironing, and I decided it's not the look I want, because it doesn't look like me without my curls!  If anyone wants more details about my experience with the treatment or the salon, let me know. 

As for the dress, I ended up getting a size bigger than I was initially going to order from Andrea's, because the size bigger came in faster (it was ready to ship from the manufacturer).  The dress is a corset back, and right now it is a little big even with the corset pulled tight together.  I was kind of disappointed to see how big it is, because I want to be able to see the lace up detail, so it'll need to be taken in a bit.  My dress has some beading at one hip, so I'm a little worried that it won't be able to be taken in enough without messing up the beading.  I'm going to a seamstress today during my lunch break, so hopefully I will get some good news.  My veil came in, too, and I really like it.  It's almost floor length, and has a thin rhinestone edge.  I was thinking about chopping off the train from my dress, but I think it looks nice to have the veil and then the train coming out, so I've been convinced to leave the train. 

And I picked my shoes (link).  I ordered a couple of pairs, and these are the most comfortable.  I'm not one for high heels, but I like the small lift from these kitten heels.  The little bit of bling on the shoes goes well with the rhinestones on the veil. 

Re: keratin express + dress pick up

• Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love those shoes - I thought about buying them myself! Good pick! Are you going to dye them for the wedding or are you leaving them white? 

What a great weekend! Glad you figured out how you want to wear your hair (and that you tried on the dress w/your hair straightened to see how you liked it)! Sorry about the dress not fitting properly. I hope that things will work out for you and that you get some good news from the seamstress soon. 

Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, plato!  I am suprised by how comfortable the shoes are.  I was thinking of trying that brand/style with the higher heel, but I never wear heels above 1'' really, and I'm afraid I'll really embarass myself if I try for the wedding.  I got the shoes in ivory, which goes pretty well with my dress.  I might actually order them in black, too, if they are as comfortable as they seem, because a pair of black dress sandals is good to have around, and I waste so much money buying shoes that aren't comfortable for one-time use when I absolutely need them. 
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear you. I think my heels are 1 and 3/4 inches for the actual wedding day. Oh and the rehearsal shoes I bought...not sure I'm keeping them. I used to wear heels all the time, but I've really gotten out of the habit so I think if I wear them on the rehearsal, I might regret it the next day. I think I've turned into a big proponent of low-heel-wedding-weekend-shoes. :)

I agree with you - the black sandals might be perfect to have on hand! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the review of the keratin!  l actually went there last weekend for an eyebrow wax and asked about the Keratin express.  I like that its $100, though my regular salon in Topsham does the 4-6 month regular one for $185 so I think I might do that.  Still not sure though.  I want to keep my curl but make it less frizzy and bulky and I heard it does just that so we'll see.

That must be exciting to have picked up your dress. I'm picking mine up on Saturday at Andreas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it was $100 for the keratin express and the cut total for me.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards