September 2012 Weddings
Options

Favors

We were going to skip favors but my mom insisted that we have them so is getting them for us.  We have a wine themed wedding so she found wine charms with cute words on them (dream, believe, love, etc) and then added royal blue beads (our color) to them.  I need to type up on card stock little thank you cards and then we will punch two small holes in the top to hang the charm through.  But, I am stuck on what to say on the card.  I found some cute sayings....

"Thank you for making our day, So charming in every way"
"Here's wishing you charming memories of the day you shared with us"
"A charming way to end a charming day"

I like those well enough but my biggest fear is that some people won't know what they heck they are.  Example....They came in yesterday and when I showed a completed one to FI he thought they were earrings!  Should I come up with a cute way to explain what they are (struggling to, so ideas are appreciated)?  Or should I stop sweating the small stuff and figure the wine drinkers and/or women will know what they are and then men and/or non-wine drinkers will hand them to their wives or just leave them behind anyways?

Re: Favors

• Options
    I just thought of
    "When the wine goes straight to your head,
    Use this to mark your glass and remember the day we wed"

And then would say thank you above or below

Am I grasping here or is that cute?
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about people knowing what they are...and I like the first saying.  Maybe you could emphasize CHARMing or something?
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_favors-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:12490de9-27a4-4008-ac4c-062a3bc79b73Post:5324ce66-13c6-48d6-a0b5-502faeea0972">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just thought of <strong>"When the wine goes straight to your head, Use this to mark your glass and remember the day we wed" </strong>And then would say thank you above or below Am I grasping here or is that cute?
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

I think that is pretty clear. Don't over think it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Can you print a wine glass on the card and then punch the hole around the stem and put the charms there? I've seen them packaged this way in the store, and it's pretty obvious what it is that way.  I like the second one in your post.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_favors-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:12490de9-27a4-4008-ac4c-062a3bc79b73Post:54a7b4c2-89a7-4b41-9fea-e13cc3d9d2fa">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you print a wine glass on the card and then punch the hole around the stem and put the charms there? I've seen them packaged this way in the store, and it's pretty obvious what it is that way.  I like the second one in your post.
    Posted by egm900[/QUOTE]

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!  Thank you so much!  So simple yet perfect. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards